little help with unroot and recovery.

Mdelisle25

Reaction score
Hello all!

so i have a few questions about unroot and such.

first of im sure that most of you have heard that droid X and Droid Pro are getting legit gingerbread which means droid 2 is next in line.

So first question is if i have a rooted droid 2 with a gingerbread rom on it will my phone get screwed up if i dont remove it before the OTA update?

if so then how should i go about getting rid of all of it?

will this work?
Kimete.com - DarkOnion's House of Pain

rather worried
thank you all!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No it wont get screwed up. If you want to go back to stock you'll need to sbf. I'll post the thread you need to get the files from. Its good to know how to sbf before messing with any roms or mods.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

OP
M

Mdelisle25

Reaction score
sorry im a little dumb. i had my friend do my rooting and rom. so all im looking to do is get rid of rom and unroot, but i dont know how to do that, so i found the link in my last post and that shuld work to get rid of both right?

pressguy27

Reaction score
sorry im a little dumb. i had my friend do my rooting and rom. so all im looking to do is get rid of rom and unroot, but i dont know how to do that, so i found the link in my last post and that shuld work to get rid of both right?

Yes If you sbf it will get rid of the rom and root. The sbf will take you back to stock, it would be like a brand new phone

Sent from my DROID2

OP
M

Mdelisle25

Reaction score
So then my next question would be if i just wait for the OTA update of gingerbread will that remove it all anyway and would my phone work just fine?

pressguy27

Reaction score
So then my next question would be if i just wait for the OTA update of gingerbread will that remove it all anyway and would my phone work just fine?

I don't know if anyone on a custom gb rom would able to receive the ota. You might be able to if you didn't remove any of bloatware
But yes it would unroot.
Sent from my DROID2

OP
M

Mdelisle25

Reaction score
right and i want the legit gingerbread so that worries me a little bit.