1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Little help with Rom Manager

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ryno2d, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ryno2d

ryno2d New Member

So I rooted last night and it all went surprisingly easy. Following a couple of guides I found here and on droid life, I went and downloaded rom manager, getting the free one and the paid one.

I downloaded BB0.4 using the rom manager and it went through and downloaded and reset, but nothing changed. Is there a step I'm missing? I've watched a few video guides of using rom manager and when they go to click on BB, a lot of different options pop up, asking for what kernel you want and what theme, but I don't get that. What gives?

I've followed the guides as I mentioned above and am currently running 2.2 Sapphire-0.7.0-Droid.
  2. fish1552

fish1552 XOOM RS Team Lead Premium Member

When you flash any new ROM, make sure the settings to do a wipe are checked. For some reason, some ROMs might need another 1 or 2 flashes - not sure why.
    As far as the other stuff, BB now offers some overclock kernels. I recommend you don't get it until a little later since you are new to rooting and such. Play with things for a while first. Overclocking can fry your processor if you aren't careful. It does speed things up sometimes though, but takes some tweaking. The rest might be bundled apps or themes. I use Simply Stunning 4.4 so not sure of what the pop ups might be but those are the usual ones.
    Try re-doing the ROM install and make sure you wipe, wipe, wipe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010