Little HELP PLS -bootlooping while on charger

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by Irieone, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Irieone

Irieone New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got this phone. Its a refurb with slcd screen. Would appreciate any advice you can give.

power off phone while on charger followed by power on while on charger = bootloop.

It makes it to the "droid" audio and resets and starts over again. I have to pull battery.

I am trying to determine if the issue is related to hardware or software. The phone boots perfectly when its not on the charger. If its hardware I need to send it back. If its software.....well a rootin' will fix the problem.

Lastly, I want to root this phone, but I am afraid it will loop during the process when connected to the usb interface.

2. doug piston

doug piston Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    If it is stock and unrooted its probably worth taking it in. I keep reading more and more of these types of threads and yet to see a pin point solution.

3. Irieone

Irieone New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Doug, I got this thing on eBay. I want to try everything I can to pinpoint the problem prior to dealing with the pains of and eBay return.

I was hoping someone had experienced this and fingered a bad charger connect or something I could deal with.

4. doug piston

doug piston Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I would start with the usb cable you are using now, then if that doesn't work move onto the battery.

5. Droids

Droids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OEM or aftermarket charger?

6. Irieone

Irieone New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It was an OEM charger and looping also happened with usb to pc.

I have an interesting story tho...

I went back at my eBay seller (an invidual with good feedback) about selling me a defective phone. The story unfolded like this....

Me - you sold me a defective phone

Seller - I am sorry about that... would you like me to replace it with another? All I need is your phone number

Me - Sure I would like a replacement but why do you have another incredible and why do you want my phone # ?

Seller - Well, I am not supposed to tell you this but I work for Verizon and I need you phone number to access your account for the purpose of authorizing/sending you a replacement...

Me - Here is my number ##### Are you screwing with me?

Seller - No I'm not, you can expect to receive your replacement in 2 business days via Fedex. Free Shipping labels will be included in the box for returning your defective incredible.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    So what's the game here? Have I been conned? Why is Verizon selling Incredibles on eBay through their employees personal accounts?