Little help here...

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Hager084, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Hager084

Hager084 New Member

I'm new to rooting my Droid X so bear with me please.

I rooted with z4root, installed the flyX ROM, and installed some random theme from ROM Manager for the time being. All that worked great!

I am now trying to install the 928 Black Glass theme. I downloaded the zip from...

928DroidBlackGlassX-DroidX-OTA2315-DeOdexEERR-THEME.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

...since 928droid.com is down for some reason. I am aware that this is the one that deodexes but I cannot find the theme by itself. I didn't think it would be a big deal to use this version.

I put the .zip on the root of my SD card (I didn't rename it to update.zip since there is already an update.zip present), went into bootstrap recovery, selected "install zip from sdcard", selected "choose zip from sdcard", selected the .zip, confirmed it, and it aborts the installation. It says something like "cannot install .zip" and the reason it gives is (bad).

1) Are there any steps I am missing or is my .zip file bad?
    2) Is there any way to just the 928 black glass theme without going to 928droid.com? Every download link I have found redirects me to that website.
    3) Am I just doing everything wrong? I wouldn't doubt that too much since I am still pretty confused.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'll answer any questions you may need. Sorry for me newbieness.
  2. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel Theme Developer Premium Member

[

A "bad" error usually means an incomplete dl, or a corrupt one.. and if 928 didn't use 4shared to direct link his themes/roms, then I wouldn't use that either.. that site isn't the greatest... you can try to download it again and make sure it's a complete download and that it's a large download.. roms are 75+mb and most full themes run 10-20 mb... if it's in the kb area then it's just a bad server issue with 4shared... maybe try another rom/theme or do a little bit more research into 928's black glass...
  3. Hager084

Hager084 New Member

Ok, i'll try to get the file from somewhere a little more reputable. I actually got the link from one of the most recent posts on 928 Black Glass Droid X's main site on this forum, it was on like page 115. The only reason I downloaded it is because his main page has been down for a while now and I can't find another link anywhere