Little Confused about something (ICS leaks)

Rahloc

Reaction score
Ok I have tried searching, but could not locate an answer to this.

I am on stock 905, never rooted, I am assuming all I need to do is download 230 or 232 and install it off the sd card in recovery mode. I just want to make sure that I will be able to with no additional changes.

Sorry but I am a bit new at this and want to make sure that I dont end up with a bricked phone.

bbucks36

Reaction score
Ok I have tried searching, but could not locate an answer to this.

I am on stock 905, never rooted, I am assuming all I need to do is download 230 or 232 and install it off the sd card in recovery mode. I just want to make sure that I will be able to with no additional changes.

Sorry but I am a bit new at this and want to make sure that I dont end up with a bricked phone.

this is like the 3rd time this has been brought up. yes you can install it thru moto-recovery without being rooted. it will wipe all your data.(not internal sd or sdext) . so back up your contacts. but one catch. once you install this you will be off the OTA path. you will have to FXZ back using rsd lite. easy process. and there is no way you can brick your phone..unless you go swimming with it or drop it in the toilet. if your worried then i would wait till the OTA comes out. they are getting really close to final release.

brianjr1

Reaction score
That's exactly what you need to do. Just put the zip file on your external sd card. Make sure it is external. And then just reboot into recovery and install. It'll take like, 20 minutes tops. DO NOT TOUCH THE PHONE until it completely reboots into ics and finishes updating applications. All of your apps and data and everything should port over.

hunter9604

Reaction score
You are absolutely correct in your assumption. Make sure it's on the root of your SD card, go into stock recovery, and voila, you'll have ICS. I did a factory reset & wiped cache before I installed and everything is good. Using 230, and it's smooth as butter!!

wseyller

Reaction score
Yep that is all you do. You will not lose your apps and data. Going back to 905 is a bit more complex but still easy and there are plenty of people willing to help you out. This phone is nearly impossible to brick.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Yeah man flash it, I'm on 230 and everything is so smooth, its a whole new phone.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Yep you might need half an hour of patience for things to finish, but 232 ICS is great. Another half-hour of patience and you can get back to 902/905 nearly as easily.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
R

Rahloc

Reaction score
I took the leap and did it,

Thanks to everyone for the encouragment.

Was not that bad, I mean I go it installed and then entered a worried phase where half my apps would not work right away, Mostly being Facebook, and the My Gallery Widget, Yes I know no one uses the stock gallery anymore but I seem to like it for some reason.

After about 30 mins it was running great. My only question is has anyone gotten the calender widget to resize up yet. I just want it to be one icon row high and it seems to like staying 2.