Little app help please......

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by tauren, Mar 10, 2011.

1. tauren

tauren New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all, I am in need of a little help. I am a truck driver and I have the ICE App but with my phone locked, if something was to happen to me nobody would be able to open the app. I am looking for a basic app that will allow me to put this app on my lock screen to be accessible. I have looked at Widget Locker, looks good but does way more than what I want, plus I was looking for a free app. I am also looking for a good owner info app that I can have displayed on my lock screen, rarely would I lose or leave my phone someplace as it is literally a extension of my hand, but just in case!

Thanks for your responses.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

2. Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im thinking widgetlocker is your best bet...OR...you can download "lookout" and set up a quick account. its all free. then if you lose your phone you can: locate it, wipe data, or make it ring (even if on silent). The only downside to the locate feature is you, obviously, have to keep your GPS on. which i always thought would destroy your battery...but after keeping it on for this app the past week....hasnt hurt my battery much at all. i would try it though!

3. REMilk

REMilk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    ICE has the ability to be your lock screen. The ICE is shown on the top 1/3 of the screen and you can add a message (I added a contact message in case I lose my phone).

Start ICE> Menu > Settings
    Select "Show on lock screen"
    in "Owner Information" add your message

Bob

4. tauren

tauren New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had lookout before, I might try it again. It seemed to drain my battery, so I uninstalled it.

@ bob...I don't have that option on my DInc ICE App to display on the lock screen, odd that I dont.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App