Litium Mod v1.0.12 - Apps not installing

silverhack

Reaction score
Just posting my results for anyone else that is having this problem.

I finally got my Market install problem fixed!!

I had tried several fixes that I've seen various places online:
1) *#*#2432546#*#*
- This did not fix the problem
2) Reinstalling the vending_preferences.xml
- This did not fix the problem
3) Removing payment & address from Google Checkout and setting it up again
- This did not fix the problem.

I had success with rebooting into Recovery and wiping the /cache partition.
This seems to have fixed the issue as my downloads/installs are working. It's possible that there was a combination of some of the other fixes above that also needed to be done along with the cache wipe, but I don't know for sure.

Well, the problem has come back again and today I can't install apps again. I guess I'm just SOL

fleetwoodmac

Reaction score
I've had this problem too, but it seems to only occur when I use titanium to restore my apps. If I let Froyo's auto-restore feature do its thing, every download after that goes by smoothly--downloads and installs the apps nicely. But when I use titanium and download another app I run into problems.

THAWARRIOR10

Reaction score
yeah i have watermarke'd and i can't install the new update for facebook.....and some other apps too....

foxdog

Reaction score
the problem is most likely because the app is themed and installed in a different place than where the market installs apps. use titainum backup to uninstall the app then get it off the market

foxdog

Reaction score
I had these problems, then I wiped data/cache and installed the rom again and all my issues were fixed. Well except for permission errors, older superuser fixed that tho. Also be careful with titanium, you dont want it restoring the problem

If you are just restoring old apps using titanium that should not bring back the problem, or will it?

reinstalling rom and wiping data/cache works initially but it eventually reverts back to the same problem again unfortunately.

just dont install the system data or any apps that refer to the system. you only want to restore the apps you backed up off the market, all the settings and system stuff is best just to redo them because if you restore the info form one rom that was made different that the other rom then it may mess up the rom (because the rom was made differently) dose that make sence? im kinda going on and confusing myself lol

superglen99

Reaction score
I had this problem and found a fix. settings, applications, manage applications, select all and select market and clear data and cache. It worked for all the apps except ADW which hasn't been able to install the update for weeks. I fixed permissions too.

RatGirl

Reaction score
Since the "update" I have had several problems including the one where it kept telling me I had an update (even after updating). Some of my apps didn't install so I wound up installing each app with data one at a time though Titanium Backup and they seem fine now...

Now I just have an issue with my email. I am not sure if this is a ROM or Froyo problem, but my email does not refresh every 15 minutes as I have it set to do. Sometimes I can go into each folder (hotmail & business Pop3) and tell it to refresh, other times I have to reboot my Droid in order for it to refresh my email. This is really annoying to the point where I am about to give up on this ROM (should I try to reinstall?).

I did not have this issue with Kangerade which seemed to run a lot smoother for me.

jmart8684

Reaction score
I got rid of the problem finally. Was getting annoyed so I wiped x3 times, reverted back 2.2 FRG01 w/ root, wiped 3x, installed ROM (CM6), did one last set of wipe 3x times, and restored apps only w/o data. Yes I think I wen a little crazy with the wiping, but it worked lol.

RoyR80

Reaction score
I got rid of the problem finally. Was getting annoyed so I wiped x3 times, reverted back 2.2 FRG01 w/ root, wiped 3x, installed ROM (CM6), did one last set of wipe 3x times, and restored apps only w/o data. Yes I think I wen a little crazy with the wiping, but it worked lol.

nothing says kill like triple over-kill. :p

jjf

Reaction score
I'm having the install problem too. Apps download, and hang forever on install.

Another symptom is that when you go into the settings to manage applications, many apps show "computing..." for their size, and never finish calculating and display the size.

I'm running stock 2.2, FRG22D. I did have FRG01B rooted with Easy Root before, and I had used Titanium backup to backup and restore some things before I updated.

But since then I have done several factory resets , and sbf'd back to 2.1 and then updated to 2.2 a couple times and still the problem persists.