Lithium NG (next generation) v0.0.5

HOLDINtheACES

Reaction score
Finally a new lithium mod! I hadn't checked for a while after a couple months of no updates.

Installed and its working great. Better battery life and faster. Grats guys

kamisan

Reaction score
Nice work-

Been on lithium since it was kangerade. Gotta admit, no wipe or anything .05 is working great. .04 did too. .02 and .03 were a little buggy for me, and I see some posts on .04 being buggy but that was not my experience.
Quadrant score of 1285!
187 apps installed, 55mb free running great, sound is good as well.

running blue, until watermark'd is out. :) hopefully soon.

Good work though. Everything is working, market, maps, mobile defense, all paid apps. only FC I was able to get so far was using absolute while it loaded the app list (absolute paid version) after a reboot it worked fine.

OP
R

ronx

Reaction score
Been on lithium since it was kangerade. Gotta admit, no wipe or anything .05 is working great. .04 did too. .02 and .03 were a little buggy for me, and I see some posts on .04 being buggy but that was not my experience.
Quadrant score of 1285!

Good work though. Everything is working, market, maps, mobile defense, all paid apps. only FC I was able to get so far was using absolute while it loaded the app list (absolute paid version) after a reboot it worked fine.

glad to hear it's working well for you! we just need to get the word out to the themers that we're back in business and that they're welcome (and encouraged!) to get creative with Lithium NG! Hopefully, watermark'd will be ported soon enough.

OP
R

ronx

Reaction score
.02 and .03 were a little buggy for me, and I see some posts on .04 being buggy but that was not my experience.

btw - the people/person who reported that 0.0.4 was buggy had forgotten to install gapps. once they installed that, they didn't have any problems.

blackops

Reaction score
Anyone know how and if you are able to configure 0.0.5 to install apps to SD card by default?

I checked the Li settings and well it is very limited and sparse. So I was not sure if it was a script I was suppose to run at all or not. Or if it just did not support that option.

Really do not feel like going into applications and checking each app and seeing if I am able to move it to the SD card.

Thanks

OP
R

ronx

Reaction score
Anyone know how and if you are able to configure 0.0.5 to install apps to SD card by default?

I checked the Li settings and well it is very limited and sparse. So I was not sure if it was a script I was suppose to run at all or not. Or if it just did not support that option.

Really do not feel like going into applications and checking each app and seeing if I am able to move it to the SD card.

Thanks

it's fairly easy to do it manually via adb. i'll add it on the todo list for Li Options to make it easier to toggle.

blackops

Reaction score

Thanks

it's fairly easy to do it manually via adb. i'll add it on the todo list for Li Options to make it easier to toggle.

ronx do you have the link to instructions on how to do it via adb? Or could you post the instructions?

OP
R

ronx

Reaction score
ronx do you have the link to instructions on how to do it via adb? Or could you post the instructions?

check this out:

How to Install Apps to the SD Card by Default on Android 2.2 Froyo | larsa | Androinica

basically, if you already have adb set up, you can change the default install location to the SD card by typing this:

Code:
adb shell pm setInstallLocation 2

if you want to change it back to install in memory by default, type this:

Code:
adb shell pm setInstallLocation 0

i've never tried this personally, so don't blame me if your phone sprouts a mohawk and rapes your dog angrily.

blackops

Reaction score

check this out:

How to Install Apps to the SD Card by Default on Android 2.2 Froyo | larsa | Androinica

basically, if you already have adb set up, you can change the default install location to the SD card by typing this:

Code:
adb shell pm setInstallLocation 2

if you want to change it back to install in memory by default, type this:

Code:
adb shell pm setInstallLocation 0

i've never tried this personally, so don't blame me if your phone sprouts a mohawk and rapes your dog angrily.

LOL....ha ha ha if it sprouts mohawks I am going to sell it as a unique item on eBay.

Thanks for the links do appreciate it. I have done this before but I was not sure if I did it via ADB or via a terminal emulator. I am trying to remember.

Again thanks for the information.

markwebb

Reaction score
I don't know what happened but I installed after wiping and got numerous force closes. :( unInstalled but will give it another try later.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
187 apps and still 55k left internal? How???

I have maybe 30 apps and 55k left.

Quadrant score of 1285!

Zachroid

Reaction score
Not sure what your plan is but when you write up the official post anyway you can make a link?
RM is way to slow, waited two hours and finally canceled.
Ready to try this rom out. Thx