Lithium Mod Returns with More devices

ronx

Reaction score
ok imma try to find a themer that can make me an update.zip that will change system text to white so that the themes can be used. sorry again guys

i'll try to remember to make you an update.zip with a modified services.jar sometime this weekend.

if not, you might have to remind me.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far this is what I've found...

Lith Rom Manager doesn't recognize this.

When I put it into the dock it's back to Green instead of that nice Blue.

My wallpaper which was the nice nexus one now is weird - the lines are bigger.

I had a 1Ghz jrummy Kernal and now SetCpu has it at 850 max.

Upper right time is black on black.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the new Lithmod options

What does Bash Environment do?

What does Dock Phone do?

And what's the normal LCD density before this was changed?

ronx

Reaction score

LithiumMod has been rebuilt from the ground up. I'm not sure what you're referring to regarding the wallpaper. The kernel included is a new custom kernel, but jdlfg is working on a new one that should be ready very soon. Default max should be around 850, but should be OC'able to probably 1298.

As for the black on black time, it sounds like you've applied a theme or something. There are currently no themes that I know of that are supported. We will probably be developing a few of our own themes, and welcome any themers that want to put their own spin on the ROM work we're doing. But I think the main thing to remember is that the new LithiumMod is not a continuation of the previous generation ;)... it will be newer, better, stronger.... ;)

ronx

Reaction score
In the new Lithmod options

What does Bash Environment do?

What does Dock Phone do?

quick explanation of bash environment (from informal chat with userdelroot):

bash enviroment sets up .bashrc .bash_aliases
so when ur in the android terminal
bash
then those will allow the normal bash stuff to be placed in them
which .bashrc
checks if /sdcard/bin
is present
if so anything you put in /sdcard/bin will be in your path
so you can just type bleh
if bleh was in /sdcard/bin/bleh
we'll try to put together a more formal FAQ at some point... but hopefully that'll give you an idea for now. dock phone is supposed to simulate the phone being docked without actually using a magnetized docking station. that one is brand new, though -- i haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

ronx

Reaction score

normal density is 240 for droid and incredible... that is the current default for LithiumMod (except for an earlier version -- 0.0.1 maybe? -- of the droid release, which had it set to 192).

if you don't like the smaller text/higher res, feel free to change density to 240.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I downloaded your Watermarkd Version from page one - that's how I downloaded the new LithMod.

So the Absolute System Lithmod Edition no longer will work? If not how do we change kernal speeds and other options?

LithiumMod has been rebuilt from the ground up. I'm not sure what you're referring to regarding the wallpaper. The kernel included is a new custom kernel, but jdlfg is working on a new one that should be ready very soon. Default max should be around 850, but should be OC'able to probably 1298.

As for the black on black time, it sounds like you've applied a theme or something. There are currently no themes that I know of that are supported. We will probably be developing a few of our own themes, and welcome any themers that want to put their own spin on the ROM work we're doing. But I think the main thing to remember is that the new LithiumMod is not a continuation of the previous generation ;)... it will be newer, better, stronger.... ;)

ronx

Reaction score
btw -- the lithiummod development team is NOT currently accepting donations. none of the development team members have received any donations, nor are we asking for any donations.

if we decide to set up a paypal account at some point, we'll let you guys know... but for now, we do not want your money! ;) we're doing this for fun, and to learn, and if anyone takes your money, let us know... because we're not getting any.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
So the lower the number the higher resolution you get and the smaller the text gets. It defaulted to 240 and I tried the 192 and everything was small. Changed it back because my eyes can't take it but interesting.

My live wallpaper was the nexus one using BW. It looked exactly like the Nexus but now the moving lines are way bigger. Don't know why.

normal density is 240 for droid and incredible... that is the current default for LithiumMod (except for an earlier version -- 0.0.1 maybe? -- of the droid release, which had it set to 192).

if you don't like the smaller text/higher res, feel free to change density to 240.

OP
Kanibull

Kanibull

Reaction score
absolute system for lithmod has been removed from the market so we will have to find out exactly whats going on in regards to that. and if you installed the rom and kernel then installed a theme(which is the full rom with gapps and its original kernel) the you have to flash the kernel again. this isnt in rom manager and i dont control that so idk what the real problem with that is. only thing i said you could get from rom manager was the Google Apps, but i have posted a link for that in the original post. When i recieve the update.zip from ronx i will post in the themes threadand i will continue to port themes afterwards.

ronx

Reaction score
I downloaded your Watermarkd Version from page one - that's how I downloaded the new LithMod.

So the Absolute System Lithmod Edition no longer will work? If not how do we change kernal speeds and other options?

the Watermark version is not officially supported by the LithiumMod team. I think it is a mod that kanibull did. Like I mentioned earlier, any themers are welcome to theme the ROM... if there are problems with their themes, you'll have to report the issues to the themers. It's probably a good idea for those themes to be moved to the theme section so it doesn't seem like these are official LithiumMod themes.

As for kernel speeds, we will have better options built in to the ROM very soon. jdlfg is busy working on some great new kernels for the droid. and, well, the inc doesn't really need any improvements, hehe.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the Watermarkd ROM you posted on page one. So I assume you ported that theme to the new ROM. The only thing that was buggy about that was the dark time on the top right and the fact that my live nexus wallpaper changed resolutions.

Is there anything else I should download or did I get everything from downloading your ported Watermarkd theme?

I'm told there will be a new jrummy Kernal coming out so I won't go and re-load his old one since this one seems to run very fast.

Any advice is appreciated.

absolute system for lithmod has been removed from the market so we will have to find out exactly whats going on in regards to that. and if you installed the rom and kernel then installed a theme(which is the full rom with gapps and its original kernel) the you have to flash the kernel again. this isnt in rom manager and i dont control that so idk what the real problem with that is. only thing i said you could get from rom manager was the Google Apps, but i have posted a link for that in the original post. When i recieve the update.zip from ronx i will post in the themes threadand i will continue to port themes afterwards.

OP
Kanibull

Kanibull

Reaction score
i did not modify the themes in any way. the reason that there is black on black is that the old lithmod had options to change the system text color so it wasnt a biggie but until that comes out we will have to have a way to change the system text to white for certain things like black n bold and blueberry flavored froyo