Lithium Mod Returns with More devices

dja1980

Reaction score
YES, YES, YES!!! LithMod is my favorite ROM to date. Unfortunately, I had to move on since Pandora wasn't playing nice with it. I can't wait to go back assuming that the fix for AAC+ streaming issues within Froyo have been incorporated!

shmoo

Reaction score
Pandora never ever really played nice with my phone so I moved on to last.fm and I have to say I will never go back. You could always try that.

dja1980

Reaction score
Thanks... were you having AAC+ streaming issues with 2.1, or were you having different issues. I believe the sound quality issues started with Froyo. Since I've found current ROMs that only partially fix the issue, I might have to give last.fm a try!

shmoo

Reaction score
Yeah I was having those issues since 2.01 when I first got my droid. The sound quality for me whether I've been using headphones or my phones speaker the sounds quality has been really pretty good. I don't know if its the app or just my phone tho

dja1980

Reaction score
The strange thing is that I've done comparisons against the Droid 2, and D2 doesn't have the streaming issues... Pandora is CD quality just like we had with 2.1. It's documented that AAC+ decoding is a Froyo issue, however, both D1 and D2 use Froyo. So, why does the D2 not suffer this issue?

Taco

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure google added the stagefright fix in FRG22D.

dja1980

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure google added the stagefright fix in FRG22D.
Yes they did, but it didn't fix the problem 100%. It was also posted that Android 2.2.1 fixed the issue on N1 and Evo, but I've tried a 2.2.1 ROM on my D1, and that particular ROM didn't fix the issue.

Issue 9308 - android - eaac+ and aac+ decoding sound quality problems (Android 2.2) - Project Hosting on Google Code

Also, from Pandora.com...

Why am I experiencing audio issues on Froyo?
If you have upgraded to Froyo (Android 2.2), you may notice audio-quality issues while listening to Pandora. The Android team is aware of this issue with AAC+ audio and has released a fix, which is gradually being rolled out on the various Android handsets.
Currently the Sprint HTC EVO and the Google Nexus One have OTA Android OS updates that incorporate this AAC+ audio fix.
If you have a different handset than the two mentioned, please contact the support team for your handset if you have any further questions about this issue.

missrachel

Reaction score
JRummy, not sure if you have plans to update your pink-life theme, but I would certainly be willing to donate to the cause!!! :) Keep us posted!

darkcirc

Reaction score
Uhh... tap tap.

The first post implied that release was imminent. It wasn't.
Is this just the start of several more fruitless months wait?

OP
Kanibull

Kanibull

Reaction score
Both roms are in the hands of beta testers as I type

mosone

Reaction score
For some reason lithium mod is the only rom I've run where I couldn't use ninjamorph to change anything in framework/res .....kinda hoping there's a fix for that in this release,or maybe there's a simple work around I'm not aware of?

listenman20

Reaction score
What do ya want? A play by play? It's possible they're on an IRC chat. Maybe you can follow along there.