1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Lithium mod Kernels . Official kernel of Lithmod

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jdlfg, Aug 11, 2010.

1. jdlfg

jdlfg New Member

2. masterxchief

masterxchief New Member

Nice I was waiting for these. I will load it up right now and post some results later. THANKS!

Edit: Loaded up the 800mhz kernel with no issues. I will report back with battery comparisons to 950mhz kernel clocked at 850mhz I previously had from jdlfg

Update: Had my first crash today. It happened on the browser after my web page loaded and I turned the phone to go into landscape view. Everything running fine now.
  3. jearl75

jearl75 New Member

AWESOME! I was only able to use an 1100mhz kernel, if it was more my phone would freeze and reboot. I am now running test kernel 1288a, set to 1200/300 ondemand with NO issues. Ran quadrant set at 1200/300 performance, got a score of 1694. Temp is outstanding, haven't had an issue at all. Lovin LithMod and lovin this kernel, keep up the good work, you guys are awesome!!!
  4. masterxchief

masterxchief New Member

@jdlfg the test kernel links have http written twice.
  5. jdlfg

jdlfg New Member

Thank you. Fixed.
  6. Psychlone

Psychlone New Member

@ jdlfg: I had a little vacation and tried a couple other kernels with other ROMs, but I'm back!

After loading up Lithium 1.0.12, my battery life was horrible (~ 6-8 hours max, coming from BB with stock and a Chevyno1 kernel where it was twice that!), so I tried a Chevyno1 800MHz ULV kernel that had provided the best battery life on a previous ROM, but it only extended my battery life to ~9 hours (not much of an improvement!)
    Then, I remembered just how good your ROMs were before all these 2.2 ROMs started coming out...so I d/l'd the JDLFG 800MHz 2.6.32.9, and am IMPRESSED!

Currently sitting at 23h 26m since last unplugged with 70% still left on my phone with moderate usage!!
    (1h 39m voice calls, 37m Skyfire, ~65 texts (inc. a few pix and flix)

Just a suggestion: The only reason I tried the Chevyno1's kernel is because of 'psychological marketing'. The wording of Ultra-Low Voltage Kernel makes it sound like there is less voltage than in the stock kernel, which *should* equate to better battery life. (and clearly, sometimes it does, just not on Lithium for me)
    So, if you were to name some of your kernels that actually DO use less than stock voltage as a lower-than-stock voltage kernel, similar to Chevy's ULV, you may get more people to try your kernels!

...just a thought.

As always, thanks for being there for us and for making a bunch of very stable kernels!!

I'll be trying out the higher MHz kernels after I settle in for a few days on the 800MHz one... my phone takes overclocking *really* well, having never rebooted even at 1.25GHz on any kernel I've tried (including the ULV kernels)

Lithium 1.0.12
    Watermark'D
    jdlfg 800MHz (2.6.32.9)
  7. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I've been running Chevy and P3 and wasn't getting good battery results. I saw this so I installed the 1000 version.

Took a long time after reboot for my stuff to load but it's running smoothly - I'll let you know how battery life is later.
  8. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

This is lasting longer. Over 8 hours and still 30%. Normally it would be dead by now.
  9. dcmodder

dcmodder New Member

2.1 or froyo?
  10. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Froyo, the full version.
  11. foxdog

foxdog New Member

sweet, i was using p3 kernels and live wallpapers would make the phone lag out bad, just flashed the 900 one off here and no lag at all. reading the other posts im really looking forward to better battery life too. thanks for this jdlfg
  12. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I have the 1000 - could go higher but this is stable and fast. No problems at all.

Is there a way to uninstall Facebook and Amazon and stuff? I'm no expert but I want them gone.
  13. Renek

Renek New Member

Yep, use the allinone script to uninstall the apps. Or use something like titanium backup to get rid of them.
  14. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I'm a newbie to this... what's the all in one script?

15. cush2push

cush2push Premium Member Premium Member Developer

i use the terminal emulator app to access type in su hit enter allinone hit enter and you're set
  16. Armando Penblade

Armando Penblade New Member

What's the difference between the "a" and "b" test kernels? I assume a voltage difference or something, but wasn't able to discern any other difference in their naming schemes when I nabbed them on my phone earlier this week.

Running the 1100mhz without issue right now and loving it!
  17. WAHarris

WAHarris New Member

I have been running the original 1288 for 5 days now with no issues. I haven't tried the A or B yet.
  18. audioscience

audioscience New Member

JKLFG, just a few quick q's since I just heard about your kernals but I am going to try them tomorrow...

Are these low voltage kernals or standard voltage? Are they all seven slot? What are the clock speeds?

Just curious, it doesn't really matter. I want to give them a shot either way. :)
  19. masterxchief

masterxchief New Member

On the cyanogen forums jdlfg said that these kernels run at a lower voltage than the stock kernel so they are low voltage in that sense.
  20. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I'm running the 1000 Mhz and it seems to be the most stable of any Kernal I've used.