listening to music/notification

noble99

Reaction score
how do I keep the music playing when I receive a notification is there a way? thank you

OP
N

noble99

Reaction score
i am using the general music app,when i listen to music and I receive a notification it stops playing for about 10 seconds to let me know I have a notification then plays again and i would love for it not to stop for those ten seconds.

mikes

Reaction score
If you don't want notifications, then turn off notifications. How hard is that?

bakercj

Reaction score
I know what your talking about. I'm a driver and listen to podcasts all day and it is extremely irritating. I have searched forums a lot and the only "fix" I have found is to turn the phone on silent or vibrate and go into any apps with notifications and in the settings turn off sound notifications.

mikes

Reaction score
If you don't want notifications, then turn off notifications. How hard is that?

Cause I still want them, just not when I listen to music
The very first item under Settings/Sounds & Display is "Silent mode - All sounds except media & alarms are silenced." You can do the same thing from the lock screen by swiping the speaker icon from right to left.

OP
N

noble99

Reaction score
yeah i knew this, but be nice if there was a way to keep it on vibrate and not have the music stop while receiving a notification and just have the phone vibrate like it does but not stop the music playing. any case ill just have to turn it on silent.