listen up..whoooot whooot

bishyaler

Reaction score
Is it really so hard to believe that a few 3rd party vendors would break the sell date?

chugga31

Reaction score
I went to an independant verizon store today to ask, and the guy working there told me to come by at noon tomorrow. He said they had them in stock at the wearhouse and he could get it for me tomorrow..... than he briefly tried to sell me a razr... Do I believe that it will be there waiting for me at noon? No. Will I stop by at lunch? YES I WILL!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
P

proangler

Reaction score
That is very disrespectfull to call me a troll!! I honestly am offended!!@@@@!!!

coverton341

Reaction score
Baptisms aren't scheduled at 9am for the day of, so if the op did have one to attend, he knew about it well before making this thread, and should have stated "I have a baptism, so I might miss it" but didn't. Then says that someone took the only one the store had so there is no way to confirm or deny. The sad thing is that there have been people watching this thread and refreshing over and over waiting for the news when there was never going to be any news to begin with. The op got everyone that cared, good. Let him have his moment of triumph and feel good about tricking everyone and let's all move on and wait until the phone actually releases.

Sent via pixie dust

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Baptisms aren't scheduled at 9am for the day of, so if the op did have one to attend, he knew about it well before making this thread, and should have stated "I have a baptism, so I might miss it" but didn't. Then says that someone took the only one the store had so there is no way to confirm or deny. The sad thing is that there have been people watching this thread and refreshing over and over waiting for the news when there was never going to be any news to begin with. The op got everyone that cared, good. Let him have his moment of triumph and feel good about tricking everyone and let's all move on and wait until the phone actually releases.

Sent via pixie dust

lol, I think everyone here is going crazy. What would you have done if he reported that he got his phone from Radioshack? Run out to Radioshack and gotten yours? Couldn't you have just called your Radioshack and found out or just gone yourself to see? I don't get where all the "he is a troll" stuff is coming from. You guys are getting trolled by every leak thats leaking and you're going to get mad at this guy for saying something? I don't get it. He most probably doesn't live in the same state as you, it wouldn't make a difference if he got it or not, some people did in fact get theirs today from best buy and he provided a number for you to call if you wanted to...

i understand your upset about the phone not being released but it doesn't make sense to be upset about something that wouldn't have made a difference either way, and that you could have verified yourself long before the OP posted again...but I guess like I said people are just getting frustrated and need something/someone to take their anger out on...:blink:

coverton341

Reaction score
lol, I think everyone here is going crazy. What would you have done if he reported that he got his phone from Radioshack? Run out to Radioshack and gotten yours? Couldn't you have just called your Radioshack and found out or just gone yourself to see? I don't get where all the "he is a troll" stuff is coming from. You guys are getting trolled by every leak thats leaking and you're going to get mad at this guy for saying something? I don't get it. He most probably doesn't live in the same state as you, it wouldn't make a difference if he got it or not, some people did in fact get theirs today from best buy and he provided a number for you to call if you wanted to...

i understand your upset about the phone not being released but it doesn't make sense to be upset about something that wouldn't have made a difference either way, and that you could have verified yourself long before the OP posted again...but I guess like I said people are just getting frustrated and need something/someone to take their anger out on...:blink:

Not sure why you called out my post, I never called him a troll, and in fact made it a point to say that he did good to keep people refreshing this page over and over waiting. I'm not angry at anyone at this point, I just want the phone to be available online. I'll order it, start it up, and root it end of story. I agree, everyone is getting a little too crazy over this phone. I lost my super enthusiasm when November came to a close and I still couldn't buy the phone

Sent via pixie dust

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you called out my post, I never called him a troll, and in fact made it a point to say that he did good to keep people refreshing this page over and over waiting. I'm not angry at anyone at this point, I just want the phone to be available online. I'll order it, start it up, and root it end of story. I agree, everyone is getting a little too crazy over this phone. I lost my super enthusiasm when November came to a close and I still couldn't buy the phone

Sent via pixie dust

Hmm I guess I was confused by you saying he "tricked" everyone and let him have his "moment of triumph". If you weren't implying that he was trolling, then what were you doing? :blink:

I wasn't trying to call you out or single you out, i was speaking in general and you just happened to be one of the people in this thread who seemed to think he was lying or something so i quoted you.

coverton341

Reaction score
Hmm I guess I was confused by you saying he "tricked" everyone and let him have his "moment of triumph". If you weren't implying that he was trolling, then what were you doing? :blink:

I wasn't trying to call you out or single you out, i was speaking in general and you just happened to be one of the people in this thread who seemed to think he was lying or something so i quoted you.

Tricking a group of people that are in a fever pitch over a hunk of glass plastic and circuit boards is different than trolling IMHO. It's like the difference between giving a friend a ribbing over his favourite hockey team getting put out of the Stanley cup finals to a second rate team (dammit Sharks do better), and a dude sleeping with your mum to rub it in your face....kinda.

What I am trying to point out is a bit of common sense. Baptisms are planned months in advance, if he had one then he knew he couldn't show up at 10am on the dot to nab the phone so would have stated that. But, in the end he had a good time with some very high strung people and you know what? Good on him. I think this particular corner of the forums could really use the levity. You said it yourself, everyone is getting a little too crazy. We have a rumoured date, it passes, and some people need to go to the doctor for blood pressure meds that afternoon. It is out of control.

So, in summation, good on the OP for taking the piss. We all need to step back and relax, and use a bit of the old common sense and realise that this is a phone, a device, a piece of tech that for all intents and purposes will be in our lives a very short amount of time in the grand scheme of things. It really will be okay if it comes out later than expected.

Sent via pixie dust

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tricking a group of people that are in a fever pitch over a hunk of glass plastic and circuit boards is different than trolling IMHO. It's like the difference between giving a friend a ribbing over his favourite hockey team getting put out of the Stanley cup finals to a second rate team (dammit Sharks do better), and a dude sleeping with your mum to rub it in your face....kinda.

What I am trying to point out is a bit of common sense. Baptisms are planned months in advance, if he had one then he knew he couldn't show up at 10am on the dot to nab the phone so would have stated that. But, in the end he had a good time with some very high strung people and you know what? Good on him. I think this particular corner of the forums could really use the levity. You said it yourself, everyone is getting a little too crazy. We have a rumoured date, it passes, and some people need to go to the doctor for blood pressure meds that afternoon. It is out of control.

So, in summation, good on the OP for taking the piss. We all need to step back and relax, and use a bit of the old common sense and realise that this is a phone, a device, a piece of tech that for all intents and purposes will be in our lives a very short amount of time in the grand scheme of things. It really will be okay if it comes out later than expected.

Sent via pixie dust

Right, and I agree with you, he very well could be lying/trolling whatever. The difference is he provided the number for the radioshack which he claimed told him what they did. So if people were just refreshing like crazy and feel all cheated now, that's kind of their fault because what he was saying could have been easily disproved with a phone call. And like I said, if he actually did get his Nexus, how would that affect you?

It's like me saying I will prove I got a perfect score on my MCATs, then telling you a legit way how to see my score online, and then you getting upset when the next day I say "I can't prove it after all and they've taken the scores down".

I mean, it's whatever, no biggie, if people want to find a reason to be upset, they will regardless of what the OP said/did. I just think in this case its a little bit of a overreaction to call him a troll (not you) or say he tricked or cheated people. The problem is, people are going crazy over this phone and need to step back and relax like you said.

OP
P

proangler

Reaction score

Sent via pixie dust

Actually service started at 9:30, the batism was at 11:30. My daughter decided to do it the night before when she found out that they had a batism already scheduled after first service. I am not going to tell my 17 yr old daughter that dedicated her life to Christ this summer that she can't get baptised today because I need to be at store at ten am. You obviously don't have children and are very condensending , believe what you like I have pics and for of the baptism if you wanna see it.

OP
P

proangler

Reaction score
Man thanks for the people defending me , I am really upset that anyone should have to! I gave you the number, why would I do that???????????????

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
I don't even know why I am getting into this debate, but.....
When Pro said baptism, people assumed he meant a little baby getting holy water sprinkled over their head, like a christening, in which case he would have DEFINITELY known well before the morning of, or the night before.
However, I have been attending pentecostal and nondenominational churches for a long time, and I've seen people get out of their seats at the end of church, in their Sunday best, refuse the change of clothes the church offers to late deciders, and walk right into the baptismal. I can also say that at my old church, EVERY time they had baptisms, usually 30 minutes after the last service, they would invite anyone who wants to join, even if they didn't sign up, even if they don't have a change of clothes.
I, too, assumed his daughter was a baby, and she was getting baptized, and thought to myself "bs", and I KNEW better! So, i understand why people thought the way they did about the storry, but to flame a guy?....if it had been left alone, the thread would have been down to page 500 by now, and gone.
It doesn't matter! it's a phone. Who cares if someone else gets it? what does it matter to us if he was lying or not, unless you live in Tucson, in which case you would have gone to the store when it opened, and snyped the phone, which may have happened!
Who knows, maybe that guy lost his job over selling the phone, is now homeless with 3 kids to feed, and Pro's daughter's baptism saved him from being responsible for this dude's demise?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ice456789

Reaction score
Aaaaannnndddd scene.

Good work people. We'll take it from here tomorrow. There are donuts in the catering truck.