list of questions from new user

Reaction score
moves on droid

if you want to watch movies on your droid they need to be in .3ppg files or .mp4 files. I use a program called rip bot, but mpeg stream clip and avs video converter will convert those dvd folders into one single file that you can place on your droid. You just download mpegstream clip and then covert to .mp4 Keep in mind that the droid will not play a file over 2 gigs. If you want to rip blu ray files you need any dvd to rip the disk, and then ripbot to convert the m2ts folders to on mp4 that you can then move to your droid. It takes a lot longer cause the file is so much bigger. For the droid phones a sd dvd rip is good enough. If you want to stream the file to a DLNA device then you might want to rip the blu ray disk.

OP
P

pitseleh12

Reaction score
Thanks Blackcharger06.

Still curious how to make notification sounds repeat, how to best access files on ur home pc for free, and of course, my main agenda question above.

you've all been very helpful so far.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Try missed calls for repeat notification sounds, make sure to select the Android 2.X version. This application should definitely solve your repeat notification issues and even allow you to set the interval at which they repeat amongst many other things.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Flyer

Reaction score
Idk if I should go android and get the thunderbolt or go for the iphone instead

bosshoss_16

Reaction score
You cans add a calendar to Google's online called contacts birthdays and events. It'll take events from your contacts and include them in your calendar. Works great for me and I didn't have to add them all in.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
P

pitseleh12

Reaction score
the problem with converting my VIDEO-TS dvd files to mp4 is that i cant put on the subtitles like i can with vlc media player on the pc... no alternative?

OP
P

pitseleh12

Reaction score
Few still unanswerd questions

im almost done... just a few lingering question, please.

1) Is there a quicker way to do input a symbol without either holding down the letter till it pops up or by pressing the 123 button and then having to press the 123 button again after inputing the symbol? Seems slower than a shift key. The "123" button would be better if it would go back to ABC after clicking on 123, with the option of holding down 123 for a long-hold and making it lock, like caps lock. is there another keyboard option i could use that makes this all more convenient?
2) what is the best way to access files on ur home pc for free? like stream music/movies/access word documents...

3) Id like to have my agenda view on my home page, with the ability to scroll down. I would like overdue tasks to be at the top of today’s section, and I would like active tasks to be sorted among appointments by reminder time. The option I’m looking for would say something like "Sort tasks with appts by reminder" in Settings.

Ideally, my home page would look like this:

Today, Tuesday, March 29:
(Task icon) 3/25/11 Return shoes (this would be an overdue task at the top)
(Apt icon) 10:00AM-11:00AM: Meeting at work (Alarm icon for 9:30PM reminder)
(Task icon) 3:00PM (Alarm reminder time) Print document (Alarm icon to quickly change due time or alarm reminder time).
(Apt. icon) 6:00PM: Pick up boys (Alarm icon for 5:30PM reminder)

Tomorrow, Wednesday March 30 [1]:
(Apt icon) All Day Event - No work / vacation day
(Apt icon) 9:00AM-11:00AM: Visit Mom
(Task icon) 11:30 (Alarm reminder time) Buy Milk

Friday, April 1 [3]:
(Birthday Icon) Joe's Birthday (34)

After each date, I would like to see how many days away that date is, as shown above. I would also like to see how old the person will be next to their birthday, as shown above. I would also like, when scheduling an appointment or task, to be able to see a month-view, and select the date that way, instead of the stock appointment program’s scroll wheel. I would like to be able to add new appts/tasks and reschedule/change reminders from the home page’s widget, too. If i can get this, it would be perfect. The reason I prefer tasks integrated this way is that if I don’t buy the milk tomorrow, it’ll show up on Thursday as an overdue task. It wouldn’t show up on Thursday if it had been an appointment.

thank you!

cmorning

Reaction score
Manual

I found a PDF file for the Thunderbolt. It's just about 300 pages. The file is just a little too big for me to attach. Just google it.