List of old electronics the droid is more powerful than

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Oh yeah, Big Trak

Too funny. Yes I remember that. I was working retail for a toy store and can recall the time when that was the toy for the holiday season.

My contribution would be simply addressable memory. 30 years ago a pc was limited to 640k of addressable memory. And then came the period of XMS and EEMS and memory boards. Largely a vehicle to load large Lotus 123 spreadsheets by moving data through a 64k page. Followed by all the versions of Windows to get us where we are today.

Except now we're freed from running Windows !

Very pleased and happy to have lived to see the day that now we have lots of addressable memory in a small but robust o/s like the kernel that is Android.

Guchi

Reaction score
my first laptop Toshiba satellite pro 410cds p2 266MHz 32mb 500mb.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Too funny. Yes I remember that. I was working retail for a toy store and can recall the time when that was the toy for the holiday season.

My contribution would be simply addressable memory. 30 years ago a pc was limited to 640k of addressable memory. And then came the period of XMS and EEMS and memory boards. Largely a vehicle to load large Lotus 123 spreadsheets by moving data through a 64k page. Followed by all the versions of Windows to get us where we are today.

Very pleased and happy to have lived to see the day that now we have lots of addressable memory in a small but robust o/s like the kernel that is Android.

Hey, we're not all kids here... I remember the Big Trak... never had one, but I remember seeing it in the toy store (Dispensa's Castle of Toys in Oak Brook, IL) and at Sears. I also remember something else along the line of electronic toys from back then... I think it was called "Space Bird" or something like that. It was a space ship toy with sensors in it, and the sound it emitted was based on the positioning of the toy. The engines made one sound for climbing, another for decending and I think, another sound if you moved it rapidly, and held it still... It also had LED's on it for the "laser guns" and other things. Anyone remember it, and the correct name? How about "Simon"? Who didn't have one of those?"

And who could forget the Mattel Electronics hand held games from back then? I had Soccer and Basketball, and my brother had Football, I thought those were the greatest things back then. Radio Shack also put out a couple of games similar to that too...They had a "Space Invaders" type game that I was nuts about.

And finally, who out there had a Nintendo "Game n' Watch"?
Game & Watch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, here, for all of you wanting to stroll down memory lane is this website: http://www.handheldmuseum.com
C'mon kids, go and see your DSi, Game Boy, and PSP's grandparents.... LOL.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score

Hey, we're not all kids here... I remember the Big Trak... never had one, but I remember seeing it in the toy store (Dispensa's Castle of Toys in Oak Brook, IL) and at Sears. I also remember something else along the line of electronic toys from back then... I think it was called "Space Bird" or something like that. It was a space ship toy with sensors in it, and the sound it emitted was based on the positioning of the toy. The engines made one sound for climbing, another for decending and I think, another sound if you moved it rapidly, and held it still... It also had LED's on it for the "laser guns" and other things. Anyone remember it, and the correct name? How about "Simon"? Who didn't have one of those?"

And who could forget the Mattel Electronics hand held games from back then? I had Soccer and Basketball, and my brother had Football, I thought those were the greatest things back then. Radio Shack also put out a couple of games similar to that too...They had a "Space Invaders" type game that I was nuts about.

And finally, who out there had a Nintendo "Game n' Watch"?
Game & Watch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, here, for all of you wanting to stroll down memory lane is this website: http://www.handheldmuseum.com
C'mon kids, go and see your DSi, Game Boy, and PSP's grandparents.... LOL.

You're talking about the Star Bird: Toys You Had Presents Star Bird

I had one of those, but not the Big Trak. My favorite electronic game of the day was Dark Tower: Dark Tower (game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia --who's going to port an Anroid version of it for me? :)