List of old electronics the droid is more powerful than

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would wet myself if i were riding in that thing.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
betamax, vcr, my 8 trak player, my record player......my solar powered calculator.

ok i wasnt around for 8 trak

techguru

Reaction score
Apollo Lunar Lander

Heck, it is more powerful, by several hundred times, than the entire ground control computer systems used for the mercury, gemini, and apollo missions put together (Mercury launch control was 16 kb of memory...)

Alan

REMilk

Reaction score
Ibm 360/370

It is faster and more powerful and has more funstionality than the IBM 360/370 mainframes.

It is more powerful than the telegraph, too.

OP
S

streetkid

Reaction score
I probably should have put a "?" at the end of my thread title, first post, sorry!

Some good things listed here, but I guess I was thinking of older electronics that could at least compare to the droid. Basically I wanted to avoid comparing the droid to other modern smart phones like the iphone or nexus 1.

Some of the things listed, like was just mentioned, the droid owns a thousand times over, lol

TimChgo9

Reaction score
More powerful than my first computer: A TI/99 4A, with a tape drive.... yeah!.... Used to take 20 minutes to load a program into the 64K of memory.

I think the Droid probably is more powerful than my first lap top (Gateway Pentium II, 700Mhz, 250MB HDD, 32MB memory...)

Djanvk

Reaction score
It's more powerful than that great little handheld called a Playstation Portable.

It clocks out at 333mhz