list of issues since 4.4

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
For some reason, FoxFi worked when I entered the password I used to lock the screen. I also found out how to make it work without a lock screen.

condor12

Reaction score
This sucks
4 hour battery life. Won't take a charge once it hits 10%, needs battery pull.
How do I go back, who do I complain to?

Did a battery calibration with an app, seems to have fixed it.

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Now there's an issue with sim card it says no sim card on screen. You have to get a replacement cause it from the software kit kat AT&T says it's a major issue they will replace your S4. They say not to install the update unless it a fix for the sim card issue.

OP
J

jgny019

Reaction score
Now there's an issue with sim card it says no sim card on screen. You have to get a replacement cause it from the software kit kat AT&T says it's a major issue they will replace your S4. They say not to install the update unless it a fix for the sim card issue.

I have the same issue. Only mine comes and goes. Certain apps I have stored on my sd card now have no icon just a black area that you can barely read showing sim card error

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I have the same issue. Only mine comes and goes. Certain apps I have stored on my sd card now have no icon just a black area that you can barely read showing sim card error
You would think they would test this software update to make sure it works ok instead of messing up a great phone.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
You would think they would test this software update to make sure it works ok instead of messing up a great phone.

Just to let everyone know...
I got the KitKat update on my Verizon S4 the days after they released it. My phone was fine...everything worked as expected, except for my signal strength. It fluctuated allot. So...I did the right thing and factory reset twice to realign the radios. After I completed that. I toggled thru all the options in the network service section between gsm..lte...global. noticed then that there was an issue with the tower by my house. I completely reflashed my device and proceeded to do the toggle once more. After all the work...my phone runs the way it used too! Fast...battery life is slightly better..charges faster! The issues allot of you are dealing with is allot to do with the SDCard security. If you just redo your phone and back everything up you would be fine! It takes me a solid day to reset a device and reload everything back on to it, but in the end...fixes so much! I would say education in this area is a big deal, and encourage all to attain good cell phone practices! ;)

As a side note, yes there are bugs..most of them are trivial. We would like them to fix them....But they make no money off of this that the corporations can tell...

So...Backup, Reflash, Reset, and Restore!
And enjoy the outcome! You might be surprised! Even a computer needs a fresh load of the operating system at times! Your phone is no different! ;)

Happy phones to you all! ;)

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
You cant fixed the Sim Card issue phone needs replaced a factory reset will not fix it....it a software issue mine was fine for awhile then it started Sim Card saying no card.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
You cant fixed the Sim Card issue phone needs replaced a factory reset will not fix it....it a software issue mine was fine for awhile then it started Sim Card saying no card.

I stated to reflash the device using a computer. Not reset in the os. This will rewrite all the phone and fix many issues. Thanks for your attention to detail. Before reading or trying it! ;)

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I stated to reflash the device using a computer. Not reset in the os. This will rewrite all the phone and fix many issues. Thanks for your attention to detail. Before reading or trying it! ;)
I didn't have time to try it I needed my phone. I use it everyday :) the phone wouldn't do nothing took it to AT&T they even said it was bricked it wouldn't do nothing. It was easier get the phone replace for me.

golfmedik

Reaction score
Anyone having texting issues since the kitkat update?

Yes! Lots of trouble. Having already reset once, still having issues. Funny thing is I could always text when no coverage, now can make plenty of calls in low coverage areas but can't send texts. Reboot phone and will work for several texts then stop sending them again. I have also noticed decreased battery life, not much, but noticeable. Can't access SD card like many of you.

DOORZ

Reaction score
Yes! Lots of trouble. Having already reset once, still having issues. Funny thing is I could always text when no coverage, now can make plenty of calls in low coverage areas but can't send texts. Reboot phone and will work for several texts then stop sending them again. I have also noticed decreased battery life, not much, but noticeable. Can't access SD card like many of you.

I have been having issues ever since update with sending messages. I also frequently miss calls and end up with notification of a new voice mail.

Verizon replaced my SIM card and it slightly helped, but my phone isn't the same since the update. I had done a hard reset after the update and that didn't help things at all.

I loved my phone before, but it is very frustrating now.