list of issues since 4.4

brobox

Reaction score
Foxfi cannot load it's credentials after the update. I get a prompt for a password for "credentials" and I have tried every password I have used on my phone, nothing works and I haven't found a fix yet. S4 on Verizon.

kyboy

Reaction score
I'm using the stock camera and the settings shows pictures are saved to my memory card.
hu7yguje.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mapz99

Reaction score
Nova launcher prime
Samsung galaxy s4
Verizon
Kitkat

Received kitkat update.
Installed no problems.
Did a battery pull after installation.

Tried to set nova prime as default home in phone settings but wouldn't take. Set it using nova app, seemed to set. Shows nova prime set as default home in default apps, but if you go back to look, it's gone again.

Every time I turn on my phone, when I swipe the lock screen, I get a prompt to select a launcher. I always choose nova and always.

Still I always get the prompt after turning on my phone.

Any suggestions or fixes. All apps are up to date.

Sent from my SG 4 using Droid Forums ( Verizon - KitKat)

Last edited:

redwood

Reaction score
only issue so far for me is that OI File Manager could no longer write to SD card, so i uninstalled and will try it again later....there's plenty of file managers out there

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Received the Verizon KitKat update just shy of two weeks ago now and have noticed decreased battery life ever since.

Within the last week or so, I've also noticed that I lose 4G connection frequently if my phone sits idle for a little while. The only way to get it to come back is to toggle airplane mode. I'm missing emails quite frequently as a result.

GAstorino

Reaction score
Is this right? Pictures are no longer able to be written to the SD card by default. Are you using a special camera app, or stock camera?

New Kit Kat supposedly doesn't allow you to select SD card according to Google. I use Camera Zoom forever. Even new stock Android camera app doesn't allow. Saves direct to phone storage. I think even if it says SD card to save doesn't. I would double check your camera app because mine said save to SD card and took pictures but never saved them anywhere till I change location to phone.

segen77

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble with Gmail not syncing properly? It will sync if I manually tell it to, but it doesn't seem to sync on it's own, or it's really slow. Any ideas ?

Update.

I have verified that Gmail only syncs when I manually tell it to do so. I feel like there may be a setting not checked, but I don't know where to look.

Last edited:

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Is anyone else having trouble with Gmail not syncing properly? It will sync if I manually tell it to, but it doesn't seem to sync on it's own, or it's really slow. Any ideas ?

Update.

I have verified that Gmail only syncs when I manually tell it to do so. I feel like there may be a setting not checked, but I don't know where to look.

Check under accounts / google / click the to section....see if gmail is checked

segen77

Reaction score
Everything was checked. Strangely enough, after a day of not working, it started working again.

condor12

Reaction score
Battery life terrible after kit kat. Have to charge twice a day
Anybody else?

condor12

Reaction score
This sucks
4 hour battery life. Won't take a charge once it hits 10%, needs battery pull.
How do I go back, who do I complain to?

condor12

Reaction score
It charges way faster. Less than 45 min I've got 60 %. Is the battery not getting a full charge. It charged all night.

Speedy3

Reaction score
Foxfi cannot load it's credentials after the update. I get a prompt for a password for "credentials" and I have tried every password I have used on my phone, nothing works and I haven't found a fix yet. S4 on Verizon.

I am getting the exact same message. I too have tried every password I have used. What password are they talking about?

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Last edited: