list of issues since 4.4

jgny019

Reaction score
Phone is extremely slow and keyboard responsiveness is far worse than 4.3, Phone shuts off nowon its own, every morning I have to take battery out because phone is frozen. Is anyone else getting this? I NEVER had these issues until the update.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Mine has not experienced one problem sine the update. (I postponed it for a while before applying it). Some apps are still being updated with "KitKat" fixes in the update notes but if your S4 wasn't running on all 8 cylinders when you got the upgrade your best shot is that factory reset.

nateccnn

Reaction score
I did factory reset before applying the update (had to since I was rooted before). I have had phone lag issues, slow to wake up when I open the Sammy cover. If a calendar reminder has gone off it will not wake up unless I press the power button three or four times.

I did a restore from a backup after installing the update. I may try a factory reset and just let google play store reinstall all aps and see if that improves things. I just keep thin king it can't be the update. Samsung and Vz had 6 months to perfect this thing before they infected...err...released it on us.

Nate

OP
J

jgny019

Reaction score
I did factory reset before applying the update (had to since I was rooted before). I have had phone lag issues, slow to wake up when I open the Sammy cover. If a calendar reminder has gone off it will not wake up unless I press the power button three or four times.

I did a restore from a backup after installing the update. I may try a factory reset and just let google play store reinstall all aps and see if that improves things. I just keep thin king it can't be the update. Samsung and Vz had 6 months to perfect this thing before they infected...err...released it on us.

Nate

Thanks im goonna factory reset and backup tonight. . If still all the random phone renoots and keyboard lag ill give vzw a call. Thank you for the input!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Allow me to suggest that you NOT allow Google to just install all the apps. 2 reasons, from history. The first is that one of those apps could be the problem. The other is that after a certain number of installs you should probably do restarts to keep the system fresh.

OP
J

jgny019

Reaction score
Allow me to suggest that you NOT allow Google to just install all the apps. 2 reasons, from history. The first is that one of those apps could be the problem. The other is that after a certain number of installs you should probably do restarts to keep the system fresh.

System reboot seems to have fixed the issue. I did not allow all apps to re download. It must have been one of the recent apps downloaded that caused the issue with the update. So far so good..

NOVICE

Reaction score
System reboot seems to have fixed the issue. I did not allow all apps to re download. It must have been one of the recent apps downloaded that caused the issue with the update. So far so good..

Any idea what said app might have been?

OP
J

jgny019

Reaction score
Any idea what said app might have been?

The only app I downloaded prior to kick at was a monopoly slot game. It affected my screen from timing out at first and was fixed with clicking the side button. I have not re downloaded since reset and phone runs great! I did reinstall all other apps

sublevel4

Reaction score
Mine is not turning off the screen and locking since the update.

GAstorino

Reaction score
Only issue I have noticed so far is that KITKAT doesn't allow other programs to write to sd card which sucks and that is a Google feature. I had my camera app writing all photos to my larger sd card in order to not clog up the phone and now that has gone by the wayside unless I root.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The app Android Browser stopped working. It was a simple browser and there's others to choose from.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Only issue I have noticed so far is that KITKAT doesn't allow other programs to write to sd card which sucks and that is a Google feature. I had my camera app writing all photos to my larger sd card in order to not clog up the phone and now that has gone by the wayside unless I root.

Is this right? Pictures are no longer able to be written to the SD card by default. Are you using a special camera app, or stock camera?