[ROM] LiquidICS v1.5 [Unofficial port] - DroidX

newmanx4

Reaction score
Grab Videocam Illusion from the market and you'll have a working camcorder.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

cumikerang

Reaction score
i was installed this rom. but i cant use my wifi thetering and usb thetering.
what should i do to fix this bug?
anyone can help me to solve this bug?
i really need usb thetering.

en28so

Reaction score
I love liquid ICS, but my phone wont last 8hrs. Even with two batteries! I might have to go back to liberty. Much better battery life. My phone dies mostly at idle with this rom too.

zleem

Reaction score
I'm on the Darkslide V4.1 rom on Android version 2.2.1. Do I need to sbf to gingerbread first before upgrading to this rom? I like to see how good it is with ICS on Droid X phone.
Thanks

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm on the Darkslide V4.1 rom on Android version 2.2.1. Do I need to sbf to gingerbread first before upgrading to this rom? I like to see how good it is with ICS on Droid X phone.
Thanks

Ya.. you'll need to sbf to either 602 or 605...

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

zleem

Reaction score
Ya.. you'll need to sbf to either 602 or 605...

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

Ok. thanks. sorry, been out of the whole custom rom upgrade since I got my bionic, maxx. But wanted to stay on top of the software in case I ever need to go back to the older phone.. loss, stolen, broken,etc. I downloaded the link for sbf, but it mention something about .621 is not reversible once I upgrade to it. should I be worry about that.

Thanks again.

Carousser

Reaction score
I like the rom, butte battery life is pretty bad. 3 hours discharging, 80% battery. I could go a full day with stock and get only up to 70%.
Also has anyone gotten Satellite GPS to work?

lexridge

Reaction score
I really like this ROM, but unfortunetly, USB, bluetooth or WIFI tether works. I have tried nearly all the free third party apps out there too, and none of those work either. Has anyone been able to make this work with a 3rd party app? If so, which app?

thx,
Lex

syserr

Reaction score
I really like this ROM, but unfortunetly, USB, bluetooth or WIFI tether works. I have tried nearly all the free third party apps out there too, and none of those work either. Has anyone been able to make this work with a 3rd party app? If so, which app?

thx,
Lex

I've found that built-in USB and WIFI tether do NOT work.

Bluetooth tether DOES work. (using it right now)

You wouldn't think that USB tethering in the DX is special in anyway, so upstream LiquidICS must be broken?

Edit:
1.52 works fine with "Wireless Tether" app fine. 1.6.1 is out:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/40011-liquidics-v161-unofficial-port-041313/

Last edited:

Reaction score
I've been using this rom for about 5 months now and have only had minimal problems with crashes and getting certain things to work. Yesterday I changed some settings in the propmodder, so I think I only changed the build.prop settings, but now I can't boot the phone - The phone starts up with the red motorola logo and then fades to black and won't load up. Unfortunately I haven't made a nandroid backup since 3 months ago -yeah I know that was stupid- also no backups for anything else... I was thinking that replacing the build.prop in /system/ via adb with the original from the rom.zip would be the best route.? I guess I'll find out soon.

On a better note I found from another liquidICS thread on rootzwiki that this rom was updated to have full hardware acceleration. Thread: LiquidICS V1.5 [Unofficial port] [10/18] Download: liquid_shadow-ics-fullhwa.v1.5.zip