1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Liquid?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by JustisLewis, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

Where did Liquid's section go under Custom Roms?
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Liquid has decided not to be a part of Droidforums.
  3. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

Well I'm sorry to hear that. Has he made a public statement about his reasoning?
  4. Backnblack

AFAIK no he has not, At least not here on DF.
  5. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

Well I found said statement and I'm very disappointed to hear about the entire situation. I can only hope it gets worked out
  6. Backnblack

All I know is they left....
  7. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

There's a hyperlink in my post (statement is the hyperlinked word) if you want to read it. I'm not going to make any judgements till I hear DF's side as well
  8. EvilDobe

EvilDobe New Member

It is a shame to lose a dev like Liquid -as would it be to lose any of the devs. IMHO I believe it is developers like Liquid that helped DF make a name for itself as well as attract other developers to the site. I do think it's a bit extreme to lock & hide Liquid's threads considering all the accusations brought against BlackDroid for "stealing" code and that thread was just locked pending a decision. After reading the post over at Liquid's site I think the accusations are ridiculous.

Regardless of Liquid, or any of his team members, posting on DF killing the thread for user support is ridiculous. Granted those users can always go to Liquid's site but if this is becoming the status quo for treatment of the devs I don't see why any new developers would want to continue to be apart of the site. In the 1+ year that I've been coming to this site it has happened twice (that I'm aware of)... and that is far too many if you ask me.
  9. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

+1

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  10. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

I think you are jumping to conclusions without all the facts.

Sent from somewhere...
  11. Jasonjohns

Jasonjohns New Member

So can you or someone else post the facts
  12. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

Like I said I'm not going to make any judgement until I hear the DF version of things, but no matter what I think its a sad day when Droid Forums loses such a high-quality developer.

13. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

I'm not going to post things that happen behind the scenes. If an Admin wants to chime in they will. But be assured the decisions made are in the best interest of the forum and it members.

Sent from somewhere...
  14. Jasonjohns

Jasonjohns New Member

Hell I'm curious now, somebody post something
  15. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

I have added Raziel's post about the issue to the OP, if that's a problem mods feel free to remove it.

16. gatewayad

gatewayad Guest

Those guys are great and i love his roms but i understand why it happened.

Personally I donated a week before they started asking for update donations on their website, i replied to the thread on his site with my user name and email wanting the update saying i had just donated a week ago, then they added ... you have to donate after this date (which was a date they added after the original announcement) to get an update and when I questioned them adding that date and saying it wasn't fair ... well all my posts got deleted off that thread.
    I have no problem donating to a team or person doing something good for all of us but what they did was just plain wrong. I really doubt that many people were going to their site asking for the update that had donated before their added on (donations after) date will get the updates.

EDIT: this is the first time other than on Liquids site that one day i have mentioned this as I didn't think it was worth complaining about as he and his team as always been very responsive at helping with any issues and quick, thats why i personally donated to him.
  17. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

The only reason I moved it was Raziels language was inappropriate for our Forums and the message he posted from Miami was a pm. It wasn't meant for everybody at DF to see.

Now I can't stop them from putting it up on their website, but I'm not going to allow it here.
  18. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

Sorry Hookbill, I'll remove it from the OP if you haven't already. Do you want me to remove the hyperlink in one of my later posts as well?

19. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

No reason to be sorry. It's something we're going to have to deal with, we just want to make sure it's dealt with in the right way. We're not looking for a war with Liquid, he's the one who chose to leave.
  20. Rodeojones

Rodeojones New Member

While it's sad to see Liquid kicked out of here, I can totally see where they violated the DF rules. They were clearly soliciting donations and withholding updates in order to get more money. When LGB 1.0 was released, they had updates (bug fixes) ready, but you had to donate at least $10 and only after a certain date in order to get them. I donated, because I've always loved Liquid ROMs and I thought I would help out. Then a short time later Raziel came out and said that he was looking for beta testers for themes. I responded on DF and went to Liquid's site and saw that in order to be a beta tester one had to donate. I inquired, asking if my previous donation qualified and I was told it didn't. Essentially, I would have to donate again. In my opinion, beta testers do the devs a favor and we shouldn't have to donate to get access to this. And when I brought up my issue with this on DF, my post wasn't just modded by someone on the Liquid team - it was totally deleted.