Liquid vs PE

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by elucid, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elucid

elucid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really don't want to start a rom war, but I want some honest comparisons between people who have tried both. I like the features of Liquid, but it has become very laggy for me (even with 1ghz kernel). Before I go to a new rom and do the full wipe can anyone that had lag issues in Liquid are fixed in PE?

2. liquid0624

liquid0624 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    pm me elucid

3. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Due to the fact that every droid is different nobody can predict how you will find lagging or not.
    It has Elite in the name for a reason.
    Each is unique. But I must say themes on this 1 are elite.
    danceswithbongs

4. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Elucid, I had similar issues. Liquid GB ROMs didn't work well with my phone. I can't explain why. I used the same kernel and, wherever possible, had all the settings the same as well. But LGB would lag like crazy (especially with the phone). And the lack of themes on LGB made me look elsewhere for ROMs. Strangely enough, PE isn't great on my phone either (but better than LGB). I get better results using UD 3.0.1. I guess it just shows that every phone is different.

5. Exayex

Exayex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    From my experiece, I prefer PE. LGB was my first GB rom, and the first few days on each release were amazing. Over time though, it slowed down and became more and more laggy. It also ran a little hot and had poor battery effeciency. I switched to PE and its been amazing so far for me. Plus...PE uses public theming while LGB only has Raz theming, and he's pretty slow to release themes.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

6. liquid0624

liquid0624 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    We now have the tmobile theming engine and all the themes for it are in my release op

7. Exayex

Exayex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good to note. That makes a big difference to some, and I'd love to utilize it, but the lag developed over time is a huge killer to me.

8. sir2545

sir2545 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I loved Liquid except for the fact that the 3G kept dropping after a call and it was annoying to toggle it on and off all the time and occasionally the indicator wouldnt change back to green. If that were fixed I would switch back.

9. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    PE also does have the dropped 3g issoe as well.... I've tried both Liquids and PE GB ROMs and I'm not so quick to jump to any GB hybrids just yet... I test both but on my main Droid I'm still running PEv4.2, runs as smooth and stable as BuglessBeast, but with far more added functions which made BB obsolete imho... Liquids ROMs always ran pretty decent for me as well, but did have the occasional stutter/lag from time to time, but overall pretty decent ROM...

10. illmatic636

illmatic636 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    What Rom did you replace Liquid for and does it have the 3G issue as well? Thanks

11. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    VS threads are never a good idea. I learned my lesson a while ago.

Roms run differently on each phone. There are too many variables.

Toggling on and off airplane mode will fix the 3g problem on all GB roms. I am back to froyo myself as I do not like how GB is constantly killing apps and/or hogging ram. I think a little more work needs to be done on GB for it to run on our low ram Droids. PE puts out great roms though and their GB is one of the best IMO.

12. droidlady05

droidlady05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only rom I've ever used is PE starting with PEv4.1. Droid_Life recommended it for people new to rooting, because it's SMOOTH and Solid. I've never tried any others, besides upgrading versions of PE, because it is solid. Also, the developers are helpful and responsive.

I don't remember where I read it (thread or how to guide). GLD cleans her cache once a day (don't know the name of the app) and davlick cache (via tibu) once a week, no matter what rom she's running to prevent lag. I wish I remembered where I saw that, so I could post the link.

I've never had lag on PE, it's like having a new phone. Hope that helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.