[ROM] *** Liquid Smooth ROMS 3.1 FOR MULTIPLE DEVICES ***

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by R3Ds, Nov 2, 2011.

1. QUAGMIRE

QUAGMIRE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    WTF!! is a soft reboot if device restarts on its own it means the device froze and restarted itself!! it shouldn't restart unless you manually restart it.... NVM i just seen the devices you are discussing you cannot squeeze blood from a turnip droid 1 is a nice device but in no way fully compatible with gingerbread. memory will always fail.

mms problem i have is handcent not default messaging app default works but not very good ui.

another question i asked was didnt liquid at one time have an option to hide the alarm from statusbar??

2. dpaine88

dpaine88 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yea soft reboot, I dont even know if it froze, I wasn't using it and looked over cause I saw it light up and it was doing a soft reboot.

I have always heard about Handcent having MMS issues. Maybe try a diff 3rd party SMS app, GO SMS is amazing, I think its wayyy better than Handcent.

3. QUAGMIRE

QUAGMIRE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    handcents main problem with mms is it leans on default messaging unless you are a premium user and then they want you to use their network which to me is kinda eh
    i not a big fan of go apps they pack way to many things into them ie.. go launcher go sms go twitter go facebook go lockscreen they just need to leave the application scene and make a rom since they wanna be like sense and or blur

4. slider112

slider112 Member

Ratings:
    +4

Sounds like a kernel issue. Soft reboots are typically caused by the kernel voltage being too low or the clock speed being too high for your phones liking. I believe the ROM's stock kernel is a 1ghz LV; maybe try a 1ghz SV kernel or an 800-900mhz LV one and see if that solves the problem. Either up in voltage or down in clock speed.

5. dpaine88

dpaine88 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the advice, I thought it might have been that originally as I was running a 1.1 LV of Pete's. Now I switched to 900mhz SV and the problem still occurs :(

6. QUAGMIRE

QUAGMIRE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you know there is a reason that the rom gods "CyanogenMod" really quit supporting droid 1 after the last stable build for droid 1 which is 2.3.3 7.0.3 no matter what you do the minimal memory that droid 1 has no matter volting up clocking down volting down clocking up it isnt a good device post froyo, i used to think d1 was king and in its time it was but it cannot fully run gingerbread like it should and will always come up short.

i am just waiting to see ics for droid 1 rotflmmfao

haha to funny
    |
    \ /

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  7. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Well, for the record, my D1 runs 99% fine on GB. Sure, it's not perfect and it probably never will be. Besides, I've heard any device that can run GB can run ICS. Although, I believe we wont see many (if any) ICS roms. Not because it wouldn't work, but because the device is 2 years old and most devs have already moved on to a new device.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

8. jasonppp

jasonppp Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    fine isn't 100% perfect which also can be defined as half a#$ed
    nice build liquid minus cpl small features with thunderbolt anything clocked over 1593 reboots the device
    the su binary needs to be updated or else all data tables go crappy for me
    the on charge when rebooted and plugged in sometimes wont come out of and have to pull battery

9. madhatter9556

madhatter9556 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wifi error message

Anyone else having trouble with their wifi? On 3.0, I could only get wifi to stick and actually work after clicking it on, then doing a reboot. Now on 3.1, when I try to switch from 3g to wifi, I get an error message. I've looked around, but haven't found any solutions. The only thing I can think of is the baseband, but I'm not entirely sure that's it. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

10. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Try a different kernel

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

11. LukeOSU

LukeOSU New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running LGB 3.0. Can I just flash 3.1 over 3.0 or do i have to sbf then go to rooted gingerbread then flash from there?

12. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    What phone do you have?

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

13. jrracinfan

jrracinfan Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Back to Liquid....

Well, back to LGB with an awesome rom! Was playing around and got Darktremor's A2SD+ working on this. So far I like it, unfortunately had to use Reorimed kernel but lost SD mounting capability. Everything is so super smooth. Thanks again for the good release, can't praise enough! :hail:

14. drewrivera

drewrivera Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This ROM is definitely fast, but bee careful with to many tweaks. I really don't know why there is a 3g hacking option. Its hard to tell ABCs I feel like it only messes things up. Thanks for the hard work liquid, but is anyone having 3g issues?. I work in the city and every time I come out of the subway I have to reload my data. Or airplane mode. even sometimes when my service is good it clunks out. Came from CM7 release candidate and before that simply stunning and never had data issues. Anyone else or any help out there

Milestoner

15. madhatter9556

madhatter9556 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would the two kernels listed on the OP work on my D2G? Or are those specifically for Thunderbolts? And I'm able to get my wifi to pass the error message if I enable Airplane Mode from 3g, reboot, then wifi from Airplane Mode, and reboot. It connects to my wifi network, but no data comes through. I read on a different forum that while flashing a new kernel, it's best to clear a few files. Any idea if that would work even if I don't flash a new kernel?

Search tags for this page
liqui smooth 3. mb865
liquid droid2-ota-eng.v3.0.zip

liquid shadow-ota-eng.v3.2.zip

liquid sholes-ota-eng.v3.2.zip

liquid smooth a855
liquid smooth roms droid x
liquid vivow-ota-eng.v3.2.zip

liquidsmooth rom for droid x

liquidsmooth usb mass storage

no custom ringtones liquidsmooth