Liquid Setting: Performance, Overclocking, Prop Modder

ooklathemok

Reaction score
Anyone care to share what settings they use on their Droid X?

On 2.6 I was trying to use the Overclocking built in with Liquid, but I couldn't seem to find anyone else really using it for recommended settings.

Has anyone used the GPU Acceleration or 3G Speed Hack in Prop Modder? I didn't have much luck with Zeppelinrox's 3GTurboCharger script in 2.6 so I was wondering if anyone had done the built in 3G Hack in 3.1.

Basically, I just wanted to start a conversation about what's working and what people think are the best settings to get optimal performance out of their X. The Droid 1 forum always seems so alive with conversation about a phone that is two years old (in technology years that's 28 years!) and over here on the X side there doesn't seem to be much chatter.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am a pretty boring user honestly. Did not use any tweaks or settings except I under clocked to 800. Dull I know but I was not having any issues at all.

And to touch on your other point about the X forum being kind of quiet. Honestly even the D1 section has become pretty quiet. All these new devices are taking over the scene and the older ones are fading. Got to love progress...

OP
O

ooklathemok

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for responding. I appreciate any feedback. So you used the Liquid settings to underclock to 800? Or are you running another app?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yes I just used liquid settings. Out of habit from my D1 days I use as few apps as possible to keep things running well.

OP
O

ooklathemok

Reaction score
I checked the 3G speed hack box and restarted my phone. 3G did not work at all after that. Unchecked and restarted. Back to normal. I am thinking of playing with memory tweaks next. I really liked V6 Supercharger when I had that installed on 2.6, but I am reading that some people are no longer using it as it may conflict with setting in the ROM.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I use the GPU acceleration but idk if theres an improvement in anything. Ive turned it since i got the ROM. Im going to uncheck it and see if my games or whatever dont seem as snappy. And i pretty much left all the prop mods the same except for maybe decreasing some delays and lowering the amount of max events. I overclock my phone using Android Overclock from Jrummy and usually do 1.2Ghz at 66v. Stable and some performance increase and not too bad on the battery. But i do get some battery issues every once and while though. Media Server tends to drain my battery the most. The longest i had my phone on without rebooting is around 200 hours and im pretty sure it could have kept going without issues but i just decided to reboot. Pretty much this ROM is quick and stable. I believe its the best ROM out there, next to Liberty(Some BLUR is usually in it to put some Moto apps back ie the camera).

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i used the gpu acceleration... and didn't notice much of a difference... and i used the 3g hack... and did notice a good difference in speed... while streaming pandora(even while a song was just begining) and surfing forums internet and what not... and it went fast... i was actually impressed...
and for overclock... well... i don't usually overclock... but i do use quick clock to undervolt...
i just prefer ssx... so i just switched back to that... so i can't really remember exactly how i had everything set up

OP
O

ooklathemok

Reaction score
Spurred on by your comment I tried the 3G hack again and I am replying from my X right now on 3G. Thanks for sharing. I haven't played with events or VM heap like I wanted too. I haven't found time to research. I'll share after I play.

Thanks again for the responses.