Liquid Light type rom?

TylerTech

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently traded my incredible for a droid x and I miss my liquid light rom tremendously.

here is a screenshot
light6.png

Is there anything close to this on the droid x? I'm using rubix at the moment but feels stock to me and I'm having random crashes.

Thanks,
Tyler

turdbogls

Reaction score
not really sure what the differences are, but unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot of customization when it comes to the DX due to the locked bootloader. so cyanogenmod and MIUI are something we will never see on this phone.

what features about it did you like? i am sure there are themes that reperesent what i am seeing in those pics, but as far as features, i am clueless to this ROM.

OP
T

TylerTech

Reaction score
LOL and give up my sweet ass car dock!? I think not dancedroid

Joking aside I really did prefer the incredible overall.

turdbogls, It was a completely reworked ui... notifications from the bottom. if you slid up from the pictured tray you would get a spinning cube on the bottom 2/3 with your apps and the top 1/3 would be the buttons shown. The top part of the screen was sorta like alt+tab on windows 7 aero where you could flip though in real time and if you taped one it zoomed into that. The lock screen was like a book page with a dog ear in the corner when you pulled it like you were turning a book page it would unlock. And it was sooooo fast and stable!! :( I miss it.

So whats the access to the bootloader restrict?

Like I said I'm using rubix and its pretty good, maybe I can theme it to do what I want. I like minimalistic and streamlined... I was thinking about trying the Revolution theme, any feedback with this and rubix?

turdbogls

Reaction score
I am not a techie, but basically you dont have complete control of the device. No custom kernels, which usually means not very custom roms in terms of non stock features....our maybe it just means developers kinds pass it by so it doesn't get the best of the best

This message was probably sent from the can

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
I am not a techie, but basically you dont have complete control of the device. No custom kernels, which usually means not very custom roms in terms of non stock features....our maybe it just means developers kinds pass it by so it doesn't get the best of the best

This message was probably sent from the can

I'm not quite a techie either, but basically what it boils down to is that because of the locked bootloader we only have the kernel for froyo (currently and officially), so every ROM on the X is a modified version of motorola's froyo, and not true aosp.