Liquid JB 4.2 Rom Droid 4 XT894

jkcsho

Reaction score
has anyone else been experiencing random reboots? it just does it whenever it feels like. wiped/re installed.... also does anyone else have voice search problems? dunno. any tips?

Reaction score
yeah, I've been having the random reboots. Getting ready to flash the new nightly to see if that helps.

ndd

Reaction score
Just a quick heads-up for anyone interested. On XDA jhlaird posted a link to his fix for the accelerometer. I tried it out and it is working great for me for the last couple days (remember to set the permissions to match the old kernal file). Here is the link to head over to the post, try it out and make sure to say thanks!

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [03/22: CAMERA FIXES]

hmmm. didn't work for me. didn't see any difference in the rotation behavior. anyone else got it to work?

kenji91

Reaction score
I've noticed that the "random" reboots are almost always when I force the phone to rotate by sliding the keyboard in/out. I have auto-rotate turned off.

GigaJake

Reaction score
The reboots for me were completely random. Loading a webpage, halfway through a youtube video, even when my phone was asleep in my pocket.

For me personally, the reboots have stopped since the kernel rolled back to 3.0.8. I'm using the 4/25 nightly with practically no issues.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

ws6formula350

Reaction score
The reboots for me were completely random. Loading a webpage, halfway through a youtube video, even when my phone was asleep in my pocket.

For me personally, the reboots have stopped since the kernel rolled back to 3.0.8. I'm using the 4/25 nightly with practically no issues.

I'm running the latest build from jsnweitzel's folder... been using it for three days, only had the one reboot--happened when I slid out the keyboard to send an MMS.

I still have to wipe dalvik when I reboot to get MMS back as well. Otherwise, everything runs fantastic.

smoysauce

Reaction score
Saw there are builds from some other devices that are on 2.3...any idea if the update would make a difference for the reboots? Supposedly said to be very stable (at least for those phones).

smoysauce

Reaction score
I keep trying to add a BeWeather widget on the lockscreen but when I tap the 'show all widgets' it doesn't show anymore then the orignals already on there. Is there anything specific I need to do to get the others on there? I had it working in one of the previous versions, don't know if I'm missing something.

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys just FYI - I don't have a D4 anymore. I jumped to the Razr Maxx HD, bigger battery and unlocked bootloader were just to much to resist. I can still run some builds for the D4, just no way to test them out. Hashcode add some new commits last night to fix the rotation issues. Should be in the next nightly but I ran and posted a build this morning.

kenji91

Reaction score
Hey guys just FYI - I don't have a D4 anymore. I jumped to the Razr Maxx HD, bigger battery and unlocked bootloader were just to much to resist. I can still run some builds for the D4, just no way to test them out. Hashcode add some new commits last night to fix the rotation issues. Should be in the next nightly but I ran and posted a build this morning.

Thanks for all your help! Good luck with the new device!

smoysauce

Reaction score
You rock. I was contemplating doing the same. Thanks for all your work for us!

kenji91

Reaction score
Also - I downloaded your latest nightly (2.3.1 on 5/6/13) and so far everything is working perfectly. I did, however, notice that sometime between 4/23 and now, a lot of the stock notification ringtones have been removed.

kenji91

Reaction score
Hashcode just commented on another forum that he and dhacker have figured out why the speakerphone mic wasn't working. Can this be integrated into a nightly tonight jszweitzel? :)