Liquid Gingersense v1.0 Release

marsha12151

Reaction score
Boot animation

I am living on the edge and still running Liquid Gingersense. Really love it. Thank you so much.

I have a question on boot animation. I used to change it frequently on my D2 but now want to try it on my TBolt. I have found a couple that I like but for the life of me, I cannot get them to run.

I have put them in system/media, and system/customize/recovery. I have named them bootanimation.zip as well as VZW_bootanimation.zip. Then I deleted everything I could find, left it off and rebooted. I got the word android with blue panning.

Now to get really confused, I put back on one of my new animations (downloaded from the forum with lots of folks saying they worked) put it everywhere I could think of with all the different names and I still have the android with blue panning.

Any solid help? Where does LGS put the boot animation and what does it call it?

Thanks so much

phreek

Reaction score
Awesome, with my TB showing up tomorrow I was a little sad I was going to be losing my favorite ROM on my Droid 1, glad to see Liquid is making roms for the TB! :)

xashaffer

Reaction score
I have a question about wireless tethering with this ROM, and please forgive me if I sound stupid as I am new to ROMs. I tried to use the Wireless Tether app that I downloaded awhile back but it force closes each time I try to activate it. Is there any way to fix this? Also I see that the regular WiFi tether app is installed, but is it the regular Verizon one that I'll get charged extra for after the 15th?

Sent from my Liquid Gingersensed Thunderbolt using DroidForums

xashaffer

Reaction score
Um is there anyone even alive in here lol? I still need some help with this and any would be greatly appreciated

xashaffer

Reaction score
Also for those wondering the new radio leak over at XDA DOES WORK WITH THIS ROM. I've had it on here for about two hours now and absolutely no issues, except the Wireless Tether app that I mentioned two posts above still doesn't work. It force closes each time I try to turn the tethering on

medicnj

Reaction score
Also for those wondering the new radio leak over at XDA DOES WORK WITH THIS ROM. I've had it on here for about two hours now and absolutely no issues, except the Wireless Tether app that I mentioned two posts above still doesn't work. It force closes each time I try to turn the tethering on

Hi Xas, yea this forum has been quiet. Have you gone to the Android Tether website and tried different versions of WT ? I'm still using 1.5 and it works fine, but I know you're on the new rom so can't really say for sure, just wanted someone to reach out to ya.

lee__D

Reaction score

works for me as well :)

xashaffer

Reaction score
No I haven't but I will now. Just wanted to say though the version I'm on now was working before I installed this ROM.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

xashaffer

Reaction score
Ok so I went the the dev's site and downloaded the pre-release of his new app which is just called WiFi-Tether. The only difference is it doesn't do Bluetooth tethering like the old app does. This new app works great as long as you check the box for Routing Fix for HTC devices.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums