JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Hey guys,

I am trying to install this rom, Liquid Gingerbread 2.6. I am currently running a Droid X on Gingerbread 2.3.3 .... with the latest OTA updates. Have rooted and am using the Droid X Bootstrap app to install this rom. I did format the data & cache before attempting to install. The install appeared to have worked ok. When I went to rebot system from the bootstrap app, I get caught in this boot loop where the red M would appear for a minute then go away and come back, and that is all it would do. I have got the phone working again via SBF'ing, rooting, and restoring my backup.

I still want this rom. What am I doing wront or not doing that I need to do? Please Help!

Thanks

Sorry wizzkid. You need to be on froyo .340 to flash this rom. Unfortunately at this point you will need to sbf.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

ooklathemok

Reaction score
Quick sort of related question

Hey JSM9872,

I am just curious about something. Now that .602/.605 is rooted, will we eventually not have to SBF back to Froyo to install custom ROMs(as long as the custom ROM is built on .602/.605)?

I really dig these asop ROMs without all the Verizon Blur garbage and right now it seems like all the ROMs that require you to be at .602 have that junk.

I am just thinking, for example, if the next version of Liquid came out based on .602 and those of us on Liquid 2.6 would have to SBF to .602 to install the next version, correct? Eventually, SBF to Froyo would be a thing of the past.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Absolutely correct. I have been bouncing around up on .602 for over a month now. Been using some blur ROMs, but CM7 (the unofficial ones from Revnumbers) and now MIUI are working on the same kernel as GB and they have been great for me. So I would guess once the official nightlies of CM7 make the transition to GB, that we may never need our froyo SBFs unless we just feel like it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No you have to be on 340 or another 340 rom.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well it is a gingerbread rom. But its not a blur one, it is an aosp (android open source project) one. The process that allows us to run it known as 2nd-init requires the same kernel as froyo.