[ROM] Liquid Gingerbread v2.6 Release

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by liquid0624, Aug 6, 2011.

1. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hmm reorganizing as in the liquid settings? Cuz i want it to be more organized like Project Elite settings. Where i can find things easily through a short list

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. packetdog

packetdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Everyone,

To the devs: Great Rom. This thing runs really smooth overall, and very nice. Looking forward to LGB 3.0.. sounds fantastic. I waited for a week to reflect on the Rom because the 12-minute-after-installation really doesn't tell much about the stability of the rom, or much else besides how well it installed. Here's what I've found:
    • The ROM seldom lags, and for the most part runs better than any other GB based rom out there. I have not dug into processor settings, or flashed different kernels, but it never crashes once running (more to follow) even when running Navigation for extended periods.
    • The ROM pretty regularly bootloops when I reboot. I'll get the White Motorola logo, and then black, then the white M, then black. This will happen 3-4 times before the rom boots and I get the 'well filling up?' then the rom is solid. I've never had this happen with any other rom over the past 1.5 years, so I'm not sure what it is. Normally a boot loop would indicate initial kernel voltage is too low, or frequency is too high.. which may be the case.. but since I only reboot every few days, I've been putting up with it. Just wanted the folks developing it to be aware.
    • I didn't have the well documented GB Speaker phone issue until last night. I thought you could press the speaker phone on-screen key to toggle it, but it was not lit, and would not toggle the speakerphone. The person that called me was able to hear me, but volume controls didn't work either. After the call I attempted to make another call, and the phone was acting laggy. When I would press the keys the touch-tones were garbled and broken. I rebooted (with 2 boot loops) and the problems ceased. Any updates on this issue that I've overlooked in the community?
    • I've had no issues with bluetooth or 3G not returning after calls. Compared to other GB roms I'd run previously, this was amazing. Either the cvpcs fix, or other fixes solved this.
    • This ROM aside, in general, can you rename this and future release threads in the style of [ROM] or [ROM RELEASE] proceeding the name of the new release? Unless I miss my guess, this will alpha sort it to the top of the list if you sticky it for easy finding. I see this often with other rom release threads, and I've had lots of trouble finding this one in the list to read it. :)
    To the community/users/lovers/haters:
    • Realize what is happening here. Individuals are taking their time to keep the newest features, bug fixes, and software swag coming to your aging handset. This is NOT what your cellular carrier wants. They want you to upgrade and get into a new contract. These mostly uncompensated people are donating time to keep your device working, better than stock ever did. I'm not asking you to donate, but at least take notice and thank them. I see too many threads with "This is broken, when will it be fixed?" without anything else. Be aware of what's happening here, and be outwardly appreciative. :)
    • BE SPECIFIC. If you're encountering an issue, like lagginess on your phone, be sure and tell them that you are playing a flash video while running navigation! What you're doing, when it happens, if you can reproduce the issue, and any work-arounds you found can be very useful in troubleshooting issues. Try to think about when problems occur, and what more you can say about it when posting.
    • Be positive, and know that if it can be worked on, it's probably being worked on. Have some faith, and exercise some patience! :) These guys are great.
    • Haters specifically, good luck with that... BE POSITIVE! Just remember you get back what you give, times 3. Blessed be.

3. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Packetdog, definitely the longest post I have read lol

I especially love the part towards the end where you outline how LUCKY we are to have devs who are willing to spend so much of their time to improve the tech we have for little or no compensation. They deserve our thanks and gratitude for sure!

4. SaxaDroid

SaxaDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey packetdog....the bootloops could be solved by movin from chevys LV to a MV kernel of the same speed...
    My phone has never liked chevys ULV. The LV runs great but I encounter small problems like the bootloop a few times then it starts up.

5. gmorgan056

gmorgan056 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Wahoo! Can't wait for 3.0!

6. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Cant wait for 3.0 too

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. rsthing

rsthing New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this is hardware issue with D1. you will notice the flash will only blink, not actually flash. Killing the camera app and restarting can fix. Also, some people have backed up and formatted their SD card.

8. skylordusa1

skylordusa1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone having issues with the wireless tether apk on LGB 2.6. I tried wirless tether apk 2.0.6 and 2.0.7 and neither of them are working. Dont get errors or anything just saying wireless tether is running
    but unable to find it when searching for it on another device. Sorry if this was talked about already I am at work and didnt have time to go through the thread.

9. SaxaDroid

SaxaDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use barnacle for tethering without problems

10. cracker11

cracker11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where's my liquid?

Joensing here

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

11. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    JSM
    I have finally dried my eyes enough to send this, I thought my posts were the lomgest!?!
    I think I now have postness envy, but at least it's genetic and not directly my fault.

Packet
    Very nice sentiments and very true. But I disagree completely with the assertion that the phone companies want us to keep upgrading!
    I mean what kind of customer service is that?
    And what good will that do them when they undercharge for the phones? Each phone individually hand crafted by ex members of The Franklin Mint, priceless!
    Am I right people? I mean that's just bad business.

I can't wait until the Mint releases the limited edition of a Porcelain Plate Set which will be an homage to the OG.
    I hope there's one with The Great Red Eye. (rubbing hands together)

Dancing Machine!

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs

12. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    B
    I think he meant that the team itself was going through reorganization, rather than the ROM setup.
    I can't say that I am 100% on that but it seemed to me to be the case since he mentioned within the post that he had more people joining up with him.
    Only time will tell, well time and liquid.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs

Search tags for this page
liquid 2.9 rom og
liquid gingerbread 2.6 download
liquid gingerbread custom rom download
liquid gingerbread download
liquid gingerbread download link
liquid gingerbread for d1
liquid gingerbread og droid xda
liquid gingerbread rom

liquid gingerbread v2.6