Liquid Gingerbread v1.42 Release!!!

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by liquid0624, Mar 13, 2011.

1. abadbronc

abadbronc New Member

DON'T delete anything! It's probably just in .wma format. I've noticed problems playing .wma and .wmv files. You may be able to install a player that supports these files. Rock Player will play wmv, not sure about wma. Or just convert what you need into mp3.
  2. wildman

wildman New Member

Holly S**t Batman, I flashed this yesterday from 1.4. I charged battery to 100%, played witgh settings, facebook, gmail, you tube, web news sites, and phone dropped to 90% last night (I would usually be down to 50 or 60) with that much use. Got up this morning it was still at 90%, just now it dropped to 80%. I hope this isn't a fluke, I never had a battery do this good. And I tried all my apps and everything works.
  3. martytoo

martytoo New Member

I had to pull the battery because I was locked up on the unlock screen after sleeping. I use a pattern for my unlock security.

I installed this over 1.4 and had installed 1.4 over. 1.3 . Maybe. I will have to do a full wipe.
  4. bigeric828

bigeric828 New Member

ya the battery life is amazing. really is. Granted its all idle use. 16 hours and 38 minutes and im still showing 90% :). I love this rom and i love the raidzero kernels.
  5. gatewayad

gatewayad Guest

Yes full wipe is a must for running smooth
  6. liquid0624

liquid0624 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Yea battery life is amazzzing in this release :)
  7. liquid0624

liquid0624 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Wiping is a must if u don't your asking for issues...
    Tibu is your friend and that's why its always included!!!
  8. Jarmer

Jarmer New Member

You recommend using TiBu now liquid? I remember seeing a recommendation not to use it in 1.2 or something because it wasn't updated to fully support gingerbread.
  9. grinchy

grinchy New Member

is anybody using setcpu w/this rom...or just letting the rom do everything?
  10. kylo77

kylo77 New Member

Wow...my Quadrant performance was 1347. Highest my phone has ever been. New Liquid convert here!
  11. ohcop72

ohcop72 New Member

I have been running setcpu since dl. no issues and still great Battery life.

RZ Recovery, I want to try it out, in the goodies section it says it installs then takes me to Clockwork Recovery, what do I do next?????
    I love CWR but want to try RZR
  12. alias747

alias747 New Member

I'm just using the built in overclocking and this thing is cruising and getting pretty good battery life. I honestly see no reason to mess with SetCPU with this release. Most of the time when I use SetCPU it seems to slow things down anyway. I'm not a big fan of it.
  13. bemenaker

bemenaker New Member

Damn, I've been away from the ROM world for too long. Damn work and wedding planning. :D About to load this up. Two minor questions, so ditch setcpu, and is rzr recovery a replacement for CWM or run them in parallel? I've seen some mention of it elsewhere too, but just it's name and that it's quite liked.
  14. otter34

otter34 New Member

Going to let it run for a few days without setcpu to see how it goes. Right now its only been a day and I can't tell the difference

Edit: the battery icon doesn't change. It's still around 90% even though the battery is at 70%. Also 70% after an hour and a half of use isn't that good so I will probably go back to setcpu clocked to 800 Max pretty soon
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  15. mgrizzy80

mgrizzy80 New Member

Great job on this rom!!! I must say that on the previous version I had issues with excessive heat (more than 120°), even on the 800mhz kernel. I've been running the stock kernel on 1.42 running at 1100 MHz and so far it's so much cooler and better on my battery. I haven't been able to run any kernel above 800 MHz since LGB came out due to heat, until this release. Bravo!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  16. acidrane

acidrane New Member

ive been using for just about a full day now. battery life is pretty decent so far, tho i have never complained about the other releases either. i'm using setcpu but i took most of the profiles off. only things left are the temp profiles and low batter (under 33%) profiles.

2 small(ish) issues.

1) sometimes when making phone calls, after it connects, the screen doesn't turn off. i have a feeling this is a sensor issue because (2) sometimes under light, the screen (which is set on automatic brightness) stays super dark. it's virtually impossible to see anything on the screen until i play with the toggle again.

i've noticed these problems with previous releases as well. tho it's tricky because it doesn't happen all the time. any suggestions?
  17. thaDroidz

thaDroidz New Member

day 2 with 1.42 BnB...

day 1 isn't a good day for me to go by, but with all the reflashing, theming, removing, reflash etc. I got atleast 10-12good hard working hrs.....

Day 2 is Liquid Smooth Black n Bold set up and ready to go with:
    stock kernal
    no setcpu
    no anything to help prolong/diagnose the ROM.. (battery widgets, memory analyners etc..)
    FB & gmails set on manual checking.. weather at 1hr updating...
  18. itsZACyo

itsZACyo New Member

Has anyone else had an issue with the launcher FC-ing and then the home button and search button doesn't work, along with the lockscreen disappearing? My launcher took a dump and then all this started happening. This is the second time. I always wipe data/cache/boot/system when installing a new release. I dont feel like wiping a third time for the same ROM. Anyone have a fix?
  19. KenBauer

KenBauer New Member

A couple other people commented on similar issues, and it looks like it stems from a bad backup/restore of Launcher Pro.
    I restored mine and haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood, it's only been a day) so I think it's only when the stars align against you.
  20. itsZACyo

itsZACyo New Member

Sorry for this dumb question, but how can I restore Launcher Pro? I tried deleting it from settings/applications but am unable to. And market won't let me uninstall it.
Search tags for this page
liquid gingerbread v. 1.4.2

liquid v1.42

tnt g-harmony v1.2