Liquid Gingerbread v1.2 Release

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by liquid0624, Feb 12, 2011.

1. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dont think i am anymore, though i dont always know if i dont get a text, seems like im getting them all though, at least now i always get a response.

2. ninjamirage

ninjamirage New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Liked the transparent phone and contacts. Please bring it back.

3. caldin

caldin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    first off, absolutely loving this rom! great work!

now, only problem i am having with it (and it may be on my end, who knows) is my battery life sucks. i don't make it a day before it's close to dying and i gotta charge it again. although it seems the battery indicator is wrong, as it's been on 5% battery for like 3 hours now. i tried clearing batt stats at a full charge, or what i thought was a full charge and then letting it run till it shuts off, then full charge again, but doesn't seem to be working. anything else going on? any settings i can take a look at to help battery life? thanks in advance for any help.

4. Jack$on

Jack$on Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FYI,

Clearing battery stats with less than a full charge can mess up your USB connection. I'm sure this is with all ROMS.. just finally figured out my issue.

I did wipes on mostly everything and wiped the Battery Stats when the battery was about 80% ..... I should have known better.

But after recharging my phone to max and beyond.... I wiped battery stats again ... magic.. the USB connection works again.
    I had spent hours installing nandroid backups and new roms and going to stock ... nothing worked. All I needed to do was fix the battery stats.

keywords: USB Connection USB won't connect USB sync USB Charge USB Charging

5. linuxmel

linuxmel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What does resetting your battery stats have to do with the USB connection? Nothing.....How did you get an idea like that? This is a great rom, but the battery life is an issue, at least for me. It is much worse than most roms. I think this rom may have too much bloat. Just my thoughts, does not mean they are correct!

6. xKoldFuzionx

xKoldFuzionx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the keyboard from the market.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

7. xKoldFuzionx

xKoldFuzionx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I came from Lithium and got used to the ad blocking feature. Any chance a future release will block ads?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

8. Chillout

Chillout Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ads Free is working great for me. No ads in sight since the install :D

9. tdweng

tdweng Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For some reason Ad Free is not working on my phone, never had an issue before on any other ROM. Also the weather.com app force closes all the time. I just installed the latest version which i am thinking it has something to do with that.

10. Big D

Big D Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So do the Kernels have to be seperately installed? It sounded like they were included in the ROM dl.

11. wildman

wildman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same problem with weather.com, I installed weather bug and it's working fine.

12. Jack$on

Jack$on Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery stats affecting the USB connection..... I have no clue why? That is a developer question. But that is what happened to me. I honestly thought it might have been a SD card issue. But honestly I'm relieved it was a battery stat issue.

In the name of science... I replicated the issue with my wife's droid :)
    I was able to fix it with charging her phone to full and little while past full to make sure.

As far as the ROM having bad battery life. I am getting the battery life that I expect. Heavy use eats it up over a few hours.... but standby last forever.
    Heavy use also gets hot... but 90% of the time the phone is real cool.

My novice experience I have the idea that resetting the battery stats in recovery (only on a full charge.... completely full charge) will help your NEW rom adjust to the battery over time.

TIME!!! is the key. Even the developer of Liquid.... in this forum somewhere.... stated to give your battery a week of use after clearing battery stats...

Bloat? LMAO.... ??? My opinion .... only opinion is that this ROM has little bloat compared to many ROM's out there. The few apps Liquid gives you... you can remove via Liquid settings. Or use TB.
    I think the only apps I delete that is not available to delete in the settings is MMS and Torch.

I actually Freeze MMS and a few others but I have to do that with all ROMS....
    EXCEPT a stock ROM from Google.....

TB is great for Freezing apps that you don't want and removing them if you need the space.

Its also best that the ROM come with the apps so they are installed on the system / Internal memory. dancedroid

Search tags for this page
a855 liquid
descarga ginger beak v1.2
download ginger break v1.2

foursquare connection invalid please retry

foursquare connection invalid, please retry
foursquare connection invalid please retry diyor
gingerbread break v1.2
raidzero's recovery liquid gingerbread