Liquid Gingerbread v1.2 Release

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by liquid0624, Feb 12, 2011.

1. liquid0624

liquid0624 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]ROM & KERNELS[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]

[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]CHANGES & CREDITS =>[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif] CLICK HERE[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]HASH & CHECKSUMS => [/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]CLICK HERE[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]SCREENSHOTS =>[/FONT] [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]CLICK HERE[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]INSTALLATION GUIDE => [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]CLICK HERE[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]ALTERNATIVE KERNELS => [/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]CLICK HERE[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]

[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]LGB v1.2 MAINDL[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif] => [/FONT] [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]DOWNLOAD NOW[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]

[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]LGB v1.2 MIRROR[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif] => [/FONT] [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]DOWNLOAD NOW[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]LIQUID GINGERBREAD THEMES:[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    PORTING TO LGB v1.2 RELEASE DO NOT USE THE PREVIEW RELEASE THEY WILL BRICK PHONE!!!![FONT=verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]COME SUPPORT US[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif][​IMG]
    YOUR FAVORITE ROM IS NOW ON SERVER
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]IRC.FREENODE.NET[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif] CHANNEL NAME[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]##LIQUID[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,sans-serif]PLEASE DONATE TO [/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]LIQUID [/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]=> [/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]CLICK TO DONATE!!![/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,sans-serif]DONATE TO MY[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,sans-serif]LIQUIDZGRL [/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]=> [/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]CLICK TO DONATE!!![/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]
    PLEASE DONATE TO
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,sans-serif]RAIDZERO [/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]=> [/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]CLICK TO DONATE!!![/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]PLEASE DONATE TO [FONT=verdana,sans-serif]RAZIEL23X [/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]=> [/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]CLICK TO DONATE!!!
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,sans-serif]PLEASE DONATE TO [FONT=verdana,sans-serif]CIRCSMONKY [FONT=arial,sans-serif]=> [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]CLICK TO DONATE!!![/FONT]

ROM & THEMES FOR ORIGINAL MOTODROID ONLY
    !!!
    IMPORTANT NOTE: IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU WIPE DATA AND CACHE BEFORE YOU INSTALL ROM!!!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  2. liquid0624

Ratings:
    +5
    We recommend using rzrecovery (Raidzero's recovery) Learn more here

Install instructions

1) Reboot into recovery (ClockworkMod Preferably or SPRecovery)

NOTE: If you haven't already done a backup...do one now. I always perform my backups via ROM Manager so I can properly label my backups. If you need to do a backup at this point it will work exactly the same way but it names your backup with time and date information (you can rename the file later)

Here's how to create a backup in ClockworkMod Recovery
    From the main recovery screen, go to: Nandroid and then select "Backup"

2) Select "wipe data/factory reset" - This will actually format your Data, Cache, and SD-ext partitions

3) Go into the "partitions menu"

4) Format "Boot"

5) Format "System"

6) Go back to the main screen (power button backs you out to the previous menu)

7) Install zip from sdcard

8) Choose zip from sdcard

9) navigate to where you have stored the zip file and select it (no need to rename the file)

NOTE: You can do the same thing if you are using SPRecovery (you will need to rename the file to update.zip) but you have to format partitions using ADB shell (there are no menu options to format partitions like there is with ClockworkMod).

Note: after some testing I suggest not using Titanium Backup at all, at least until its updated for GB stability

Titanium Backup Restore instructions (Modded for Gingerbread from GLD's post)

For those who are interested in getting a clean start when they load the blazing goodness of a ROM, here's how I do it:

1. Purchase the license for Titanium Backup (TiBu) if you don't already have it -- it's worth it -- and go to Batch and use Backup all user apps.

2. Once you boot up, touch the top left, then the top right, then the bottom right, then the bottom left (in a square pattern) of the screen to skip Google sign in.

3. Make sure you have Unknown sources checked in System>Applications.

4. Open TiBu and go into Preferences and make sure you have Force to same location checked (this will then make sure your apps and data are restored to the device and SD card, as applicable, exactly as they were when you did your backup).*

5. Do not restore any system apps or settings, Gingerbread has a habit of going crazy when this is done. It's worth it to just take the time and set everything back up.

6. Run Restore missing apps with data (these will all be missing user (non-system) apps that are in WHITE text) and go through the list to make sure you've got ONLY the items you really want to restore checked. DON'T restore Liquid Tweaks, Liquid Tweaks Helper or Spare Parts if they're on your list. Take your time going through this list, and make sure you have unchecked system apps from prior ROMs or older versions of the same ROM. In addtion to the ones I've already mentioned, some examples from my list that I make sure are unchecked are things like Calendar 2.2, Android Keyboard 2.2 and Music Mod 1.8. These may differ from what's on your list, but hopefully that gives you the idea of the kinds of things you're looking for.

7. Go to Settings>Accounts & sync, Add account and sign in to Google. Make sure Auto-sync is checked and that Sync Contacts, Sync Gmail and Sync Calendar, etc. are checked, and allow them to sync.

8. Make a nandroid backup of this setup BEFORE you start adding themes and kernels -- that way, it's easy to revert back to stock and start over if a theme or kernel messes you up.

If you run across any apps that restore from Market without your data, because you missed them in your TiBu restore, just go into TiBu and go to filters, type the name of the app, and restore data only.

The only thing left is that you'll likely have to set up your widgets again and you will have to restore your ringtone choices in Contacts, Gmail, Calendar and Gtalk.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
  3. liquid0624

Ratings:
    +5
    FAQ

What is the media server in services for?
    This is for flac support

Is the themes from LFY THEMES compatible with LGB?
    No. This a great way to brick your phone.

Is the 1.0 preview themes compatible with 1.1 or 1.2?
    No. This is again a great way to brick your phone.

Will LGB appear on ROM manager?
    It will as soon as the creators of this app ever gvet back with us as we have emailed them countless times without any answers.

XXX Android app is not working when will you have a patch that will fix this so it will work again?
    It is not our fault that android app no longer functional. Please email the developer of that app and ask them when will they release a update for XXX so that it will be compatible with 2.3 Gingerbread.

4. liquid0624

Ratings:
    +5
    Reserved==>

5. parker34

parker34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First First First Imma try this out :D

6. kingsway8605

kingsway8605 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So how is this stable if it is largely based off of a cm nightly. Not trying to troll, serious question.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    First time on first page. Downloading now!!

8. markwebb

markwebb Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Wow...fast updates. Dl'ing now...

Here we go again!

9. regkilla

regkilla Member

Ratings:
    +1
    this is great

10. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where do you get this info? Cause it's not correct. 1.2 was in nightlies. Now it's final.

Sent from the future through the space time continuum

11. Exayex

Exayex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Downloaded and played with settings. This update is fast! And a lot better on battery. Loving the new lock screen, too! Great job, team!

The preview release was amazing. 1.1 was iffy. I had a lot of issues with it. So far, 1.2 has solved everything, made everything a lot smoother, and saved on battery. Amazing!

And these quick updates are killing me, Liquid! I'm so in the groove of redoing my setup/settings, I did it drunk tonight/right now!

Sidenote; ESPN Mobile isn't working as intended. Downloaded it from the market, has the generic Android icon, not the giant "E" logo like normal. When opening, it doesn't open at the normal home page.
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

12. RafficaX

RafficaX Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Changelog says based off cm (which is still nightlies) and google. Which translates to how is this stable since the cm nightlies are not stable.

Bc i have the same question. Tried 1.0 and after 1 day became lagged and unbearable. gonna try 1.2 but what makes this version of cm source stable compared to the nightly builds which are not.

13. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    What is preview release?

Sent from a Liberated Droid 2 using the DF app.

14. Loooney2ns

Loooney2ns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How can you judge battery life after an hour?

15. Exayex

Exayex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The changelog has always stated it's based of CM. So I don't see the issue.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page
a855 liquid
descarga ginger beak v1.2
download ginger break v1.2

foursquare connection invalid please retry

foursquare connection invalid please retry diyor
foursquare connection invalid, please retry
gingerbread break v1.2
raidzero's recovery liquid gingerbread