Liquid GB > CM7

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by jsummersphd, May 8, 2011.

1. jsummersphd

jsummersphd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After using Liquid GB since like... v 1.0 or something, I decided I'd at least try CM7 and see what all the fuss is about.

Much ado about nothing. I see a lot of work has gone into it and it has a huge community supporting it, but the proof is in the pudding. On Liquid, my Droid was faster, the battery lasted longer, and I had the benefits of LauncherPro. Not to mention the superior rzw recovery....

And now 1.8 is out? yeah... time for a change. I'm back to Liquid for sure.

2. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    To each his own, CM runs better on my phone than LGB but I appreciate both. Liquid runs a bit faster but has a few small bugs that prevents me from using it. And without CM, we wouldn't have a lot of ROMs that are built off of his.

Also, what prevents you having the benefits of LauncherPro on any ROM. It's not ROM specific.

3. illmatic636

illmatic636 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I believe Liquid is CM7 based, technically you are running a modified CM7 rom either way. Launcher pro and rzr recovery can be installed in any rom as well. But like they say, to each is your own.

4. jsummersphd

jsummersphd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't get me wrong... I give credit where credit is due. Liquid is based off of CM7 and I know that. Perhaps its something with the kernel change...

At any rate, when I tried using rzr recovery to install CM7, I got bootlooping issues. I ended up having to flash back to a stock .sbf and go from there (this phone's unbrick-ability is stupendous).

Yes, they're very similar, but maybe I'm just too used to Liquid... =/

5. DeeMat

DeeMat Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Like others have said, each Droid owner's experience with a custom ROM may be different. LGB 1.8 did not run well on my D1 but CM7 has (and I installed it using RZR).

Enjoy whatever life is left on your phone!

6. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Active Member

Ratings:
    +135
    the next liquid rom may be cm703 based since liquid is a cm based rom anyway, just saying...

7. DaPoets

DaPoets New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Liquid GB 1.8 was pretty bad on my OG Droid and so I tried 1.7 and it's a dream come true. Loving it very much thus far. CM7 was kinda slow for me and just didn't care for it all that much. tastes and preferences, that's all...

8. Ima Goodlady

Ima Goodlady Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been lucky with LGB since 1.42, never had any issues except with 1.8, but I'll just wait.

9. liquid0624

liquid0624 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    This rom uses about 25 to 30 percent of cm mostly the framework and there apps the rest of its aosp