Liquid 3.2 Help!!! Market and launcher issues!!!

wdcspurs

Reaction score
I am still having issues with the market on this ROM. I have flashed 3 times now with 3 clean downloads of this ROM. I have tried the fix download under the bugs section for this ROM as well. Basically, the issue si that when I try to download something from the market, it says "error in downloading (name of app)" in the notification bar. Thankfully Titanium backup was already loaded on this ROM, so I was able to retrieve all of my apps, just cant download any new ones not backed up. The Amazon appstore works fine! The second issue is force closes with the launcher. Upon reboots, the launcher freezes for about 30 seconds. I can live with that, mainly because it is only an issue upon reboot. The market thing is bothering me though. I have been on MIUI ICS for a couple weeks, but was tired of not seeing an update and the FC issues there, not to mention the poror quality of the camera. Please help if anyone knows a fix for the Market issue. I have cleared the data and cache a couple times and followed with a reboot in hopes of fixing it, to no avail. Will flashing a previous version of the market work? I could freeze the updater? I hadnt thought of that to this point, but I am not sure where to get a previous version as well.

Deegge

Reaction score
I am still having issues with the market on this ROM. I have flashed 3 times now with 3 clean downloads of this ROM. I have tried the fix download under the bugs section for this ROM as well. Basically, the issue si that when I try to download something from the market, it says "error in downloading (name of app)" in the notification bar. Thankfully Titanium backup was already loaded on this ROM, so I was able to retrieve all of my apps, just cant download any new ones not backed up. The Amazon appstore works fine! The second issue is force closes with the launcher. Upon reboots, the launcher freezes for about 30 seconds. I can live with that, mainly because it is only an issue upon reboot. The market thing is bothering me though. I have been on MIUI ICS for a couple weeks, but was tired of not seeing an update and the FC issues there, not to mention the poror quality of the camera. Please help if anyone knows a fix for the Market issue. I have cleared the data and cache a couple times and followed with a reboot in hopes of fixing it, to no avail. Will flashing a previous version of the market work? I could freeze the updater? I hadnt thought of that to this point, but I am not sure where to get a previous version as well.

Someone posted in the Droid bugs/fix forum:
Check /cache/download. There is very limited space there and if [COLOR=#812528 !important][COLOR=#812528 !important]Market[/COLOR][/COLOR] fills that up it will not downpload any more updates or apps. See if there's anything that you can delete from there.

About the Laucher issue ... did you try the fix posted here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liquid/183390-liquid-smooth-roms-3-2-fixes-bug-report.html

OP
wdcspurs

wdcspurs

Reaction score
Check /cache/download. There is very limited space there and if [COLOR=#812528 !important][COLOR=#812528 !important]Market[/COLOR][/COLOR] fills that up it will not downpload any more updates or apps. See if there's anything that you can delete from there.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liquid/183390-liquid-smooth-roms-3-2-fixes-bug-report.html
I am somewhat new to flashing ROMs. What does Check /cache/download refer to and where do i find it?

OP
wdcspurs

wdcspurs

Reaction score

And yes I tried the launcher fix listed in the link. As well as the market fix. Neither changed the issues. I can live wiht the launcher issue, but would like to have my market back to normal.

OP
wdcspurs

wdcspurs

Reaction score

Nevermind about the check/cache/download. I figured it out. There is nothing in that folder. I dont believe its a space issue.

clueless77

Reaction score
as far as the launcher its not a ROM issue so much as a launcher issue, launcher pro is the system launcher and i have run launcher pro on every ROM i flash, it has done that on every one of them, if you just wait 30 or so seconds before unlocking it will be fine

having run MIUI ICS may be your market issue, I ran it 3 times and every time i did i could not flash another ROM until i did an SBF, its because MIUI does have some of the 4.0 system data which cant be wiped completely in CWM recovery, so i have been told

just my two cents worth, hope this helped a little