Liquid 3.1 released!

mwshows

Reaction score
Is anyone having problems with turning on wifi to connect to a home network or other internet source? Everytime I try to turn on wifi it hangs for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then just says error.

Could possibly be a bad install but I'm not really having any other noticeable issues. The only thing that really stood out other than my wifi not working was the clock force closing issue. That was easily fixed by just deleting the installed system alarm clock and installing Alarm Clock Plus from the market.

If anyone has an idea on my wifi issue let me know.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

thefuzz

Reaction score
Just flashed over 3.0 doing cache/dalvik wipe, works great! Much improved over 3.0, camera works, battery life is way better!!! Thanks!!

DanQ

Reaction score
Is anyone having problems with turning on wifi to connect to a home network or other internet source? Everytime I try to turn on wifi it hangs for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then just says error.

Could possibly be a bad install but I'm not really having any other noticeable issues. The only thing that really stood out other than my wifi not working was the clock force closing issue. That was easily fixed by just deleting the installed system alarm clock and installing Alarm Clock Plus from the market.

If anyone has an idea on my wifi issue let me know.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I am having the same issue with WiFi, and the camera works until I go to zoom. Any zoom locks it, but it can be restarted at 1x zoom.

devo1929

Reaction score
I'm not having wifi issues. I do have the camera zoom issue with the stock camera app. I can use all functions of Camera ZOOM FX camera app no problem, including zoom.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ooklathemok

Reaction score
power widget - GPS

Anyone having issues with the GPS button in the Power Widget? Sometimes it is unresponsive. If it doesn't work when I push it, I can hold it down and get to GPS setting quickly to turn it on, but the widget doesn't seem to light up.

Not complaining though, 3.1 seems to be much better at handling my DX's GPS. In 2.6 occasionally it could not locate me on the first try. I would usually have to go to Navigation to get it to find me or FC Maps and turn GPS on and off.

DanQ

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the GPS button in the Power Widget? Sometimes it is unresponsive. If it doesn't work when I push it, I can hold it down and get to GPS setting quickly to turn it on, but the widget doesn't seem to light up.

Not complaining though, 3.1 seems to be much better at handling my DX's GPS. In 2.6 occasionally it could not locate me on the first try. I would usually have to go to Navigation to get it to find me or FC Maps and turn GPS on and off.

Yes sir. Same here. Same with WiFi, Airplane Mode, and Blue Tooth. Normally, as someone else has posted, a restart fixes it. It gets a little tedious but I am optimistic for fixes, because most everything else in this ROM really rocks.

rudydroid

Reaction score
I just flashed this yesterday, and noticed the screen is dim each time I wake the phone.
This can be adjusted in settings, battery and data manager, but that's missing in the settings app. so I have to go into display settings to adjust this.
anyone know how to fix this?
tia

clueless77

Reaction score
I just flashed this yesterday, and noticed the screen is dim each time I wake the phone.
This can be adjusted in settings, battery and data manager, but that's missing in the settings app. so I have to go into display settings to adjust this.
tia
you should check out liuid 3.2

OP
D

Deegge

Reaction score
tia

Mine is fine with this rom. I have it set for auto brightness

OP
D

Deegge

Reaction score
you should check out liuid 3.2

I haven't had major problems with Liquid roms, until 3.2. I tried and tried to get it working, but kept losing data and wifi. 3.1 is working for me

ooklathemok

Reaction score
Same here. 3.2 was a no go because of data issues and the broken power widget. I am back on 3.1.

rudydroid I am not familiar with the settings you are missing. Is it from another ROM, perhaps? I just use the power widget for brightness. If I am outside and I can't see the screen, I just slide the notifications down and brighten her up. Quick and easy.

rudydroid

Reaction score
Same here. 3.2 was a no go because of data issues and the broken power widget. I am back on 3.1.

rudydroid I am not familiar with the settings you are missing. Is it from another ROM, perhaps? I just use the power widget for brightness. If I am outside and I can't see the screen, I just slide the notifications down and brighten her up. Quick and easy.

no, it's a standard option in settings, called battery and data manager, but it's missing in this rom. it was missing in liberty 3 2.0 gold also. it's the option that allows you to choose your battery performance level. It usually pops up after installing a new rom.
I just learned about the brightness feature for the status bar and how to change the power widget.
either way, I really like this rom

Edit: I'm using adj brightness app to maintain the brightness level, and I really like this rom

Last edited:

rcjames

Reaction score
What do I need to do once I have this rom installed? What do I have to do to get my phone working since it's flashed to cricket wireless right now?