Liquid 3.1 released!

themistah

Reaction score
The camera and playing video did not work they kept force closing....(video you record)

devo1929

Reaction score
What about the battery life in 3.1? I went to 3.0 when it came out, but had to revert to 2.6 shortly after. I was only getting about 6-8 hours battery life with very minimal use on 3.0....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

RobClay18838

Reaction score
Same here, but I calibrated my battery and here's the batt life I'm workin with now;)

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

rnh

Reaction score
I would say the latest versions of Vortex and Miui give at least an extra one third extra battery life easily. But I don't like Miui. I've been on Vortex for a long time but loved liquid 2.6 and want to give it a try again. I really like it so far.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Battery life is much better on 3.1 than 3.0 for sure. Camera doesnt FC as often like in 3.0. Basically it was unusable in 3.0. Much better in 3.1. Havent had any of the alaram clock problems since i use Gentle Alarm. Nothing bad i can say about the ROM yet. Awesome

EVSP

Reaction score
I downloaded the miui1.10.28 camera from here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/at...-aosp-camera-cm7-try-miuigalleryflashable.zip. Then I used apk installer from the market to install it as it wouldn't install on it's own. The camera works as it should for all those who want a fully functional camera.

I'm new to all this flashing stuff and need a hand here. I've d/l that flashable.zip from the link above and ROM Manager wants me to install it from recovery ... do I have to put the file on my SD from my PC? I can find the MIUI directory through APK installer but I'm not sure if its there - nothing in that directory screams camera or flashable.zip, lol.... it's tricky for the newbie here :-D

Thanks peeps!!

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm new to all this flashing stuff and need a hand here. I've d/l that flashable.zip from the link above and ROM Manager wants me to install it from recovery ... do I have to put the file on my SD from my PC? I can find the MIUI directory through APK installer but I'm not sure if its there - nothing in that directory screams camera or flashable.zip, lol.... it's tricky for the newbie here :-D

Thanks peeps!!

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Edit: read this wrong the first time...

For the gallery apk... You need to extract it out of the zip file... Them you can install it like any other app

We have nothing to great but running out of beer

Last edited:

terryfied

Reaction score
Camera App Replacement Download Unavailable

When I click that link, I am unable to get the file because my work's security policy will not allow me to access sites and files based on an IP. Is this file located at another more "enterprise-friendly" location? Thanks.

EDIT - I'm referring to RNH's URL(s).

terryfied

Reaction score
Bad ZIP

I pulled the clock.apk from cm7 and it works perfectly. I've tested alarms and snoozing and stuff, no problems on my end. i'm SO happy to have a properly working Liquid GB kernel ROM :icon_ lala:

Download this: View attachment 42061
Use Titanium to uninstall the Liquid Clock application (back it up first if you want to)
Enable unknown sources in Settings -> Applications
Unzip the file and click com.android.deskclock.apk it will install the working version (you won't get the ICS icon though)

I downloaded this file four times and it is a bad ZIP. I extracted the APK from CM7.1's ZIP and all is well so no worries for me...but thought I'd mention it for everyone else.

By the way...how can I get stock ringtones to be available in Liquid 3.1? All I have are all these alarms that end in "...ortium" and only one would be considered loud enough to wake anyone and I like it. Thanks in advance.

jerkwad

Reaction score
I downloaded this file four times and it is a bad ZIP. I extracted the APK from CM7.1's ZIP and all is well so no worries for me...but thought I'd mention it for everyone else.

By the way...how can I get stock ringtones to be available in Liquid 3.1? All I have are all these alarms that end in "...ortium" and only one would be considered loud enough to wake anyone and I like it. Thanks in advance.

....Strange, as it worked for me, as i tried it after you mentioned it didn't work - a few others have tried it too with positive results. Are you trying to flash the .zip or did you extract the .apk file from the attached .zip I provided? Not a big deal, just curious as I TRIED to make sure it worked for me before I even posted it on here...but your suggestion to grab the one from the CM7.1 zip works, as well - someone else mentioned that in another thread and i also had positive results with that method. Thanks for providing others an alternate method that may work better! :icon_ banana:

Last edited:

jerkwad

Reaction score
Works, thanks. Though I don't know how you would use Titanium for removing the old....I used droid explorer, but looked around in titanium first to no avail....

Anyway, thanks.

Late to the party, but....I was able to remove the old clock (deskclock) using Titanium by choosing the "System" apps filter and locating in there. I think it is labeled "Alarm Clock" - can't remember at the moment and just flashed my phone (again! lol) so I can't be 100% sure on the name. Once you see it in there you can click on the application and click "Uninstall" Maybe this is something for Pro users only? Not sure!

Someone else suggested using the (already installed) AppManager in Liquid 3.1 - that works too!

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is there's way to so the dialogue box when using the back button to force close an app?
Other then that... So far seems great... will see how it holds up tomorrow

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer