Liquid 1.95 ----Annoying as hell issue

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by Scott_T, May 17, 2011.

1. Scott_T

Scott_T New Member

Just fresh installed LFY 1.95 and I am having the most annoying first impressions...

I downloaded it from Here BTW:

Liquid Smooth Roms • View topic - Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.95 (Liquid Smooth Edition Source ROM

So apparently launcher pro expired and it sends me into a loop I cannot get out of. LP opens a web browser I cannot seem to get around to uninstall it and get control of my phone....

I had this happen on another ROM, my fault when I let launcher fall out of date....

It is almost a reason NEVER to use LP again on any android device....

Any ideas appreciated...

Scott
  2. Scott_T

Scott_T New Member

OK....Trick was to loose the hate for LP forcing me to update and read the web page it forces open, download the update and install....

Now I just have to figure out if I am so pissed by their hijacking of my phone I switch to another launcher....

Really I understand it is a free version, but that hijaking is wicked offensive......

Ah well...

Scott
  3. Spyder RT

Spyder RT New Member

That's exactly why I don't use launcherpro any more

Sent from my webshooter using Tapatalk.
  4. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

Use GoLauncher EX. Its FAR better, and just as smooth, with more options too.
  5. Scott_T

Scott_T New Member

Thanks guys...I was thinking after I posted I was being a crank....Getting older ya know...lol

But really hijaking a phone is wicked offensive...The last time this happened was because I did not update...Which I admit I am slow to do as once something works, I hate to change it....Funny coming from a phone ROMing person right...

On the upswing LFY 1.95 has been smooth.

Put back most of my apps that did not come right back via Market....I used Titanium to restore those

Only worry so far is batter drained unusually fast....I have to go through the OC settings. I have always flashed an OC rom and used Set CPU, but this ROM looks different, like it is built in...

Got some learning to do here.....

Thanks guys and I will check out Go launcher.

Scott
  6. Joefishnc

Joefishnc New Member

Wth

Why are you using LFY 1.95, its old....
    Use LGB 1.X its a lot better....

don't make stupid comments, ignorance is just *#$#_....
  7. jesusishere

jesusishere New Member

Woah woah woah, it's not hijacking your phone. Hijacking your phone would mean it is stealing your data, voice and using it for its own nefarious needs. The reason why launcher pro "expires" is for its protection. Unfortunately it is a commonly "cracked" or stolen app, much like rom manager premium. It's just a safeguard. It was bad timing, Peter Alfonso released an update the same hour that Liquid released this update. So either wait for a quick update, or use the method described below.

As said earlier it's easy to fix. I will explain it if anybody else complains.
    1. Hit OK.
    2. Click download the latest version.
    3. Hit install
    4. Hit OK and enable 3rd party apps
    5. Re-download the app, or if you are lucky hold down the home button and select package installer and it will update.
  8. bemenaker

bemenaker New Member

Have all of the Exchange problems been worked out? This is what has been keeping me away from GB. I MUST have my corp email on my phone.
  9. ArXane

ArXane New Member

No, it has not... LGB is constantly dropping connection to my Exchange. I just reboot my phone every few hours. PITA
  10. bemenaker

bemenaker New Member

Damn, that sucks. That's the reason I can not move to GB. Since I get network alerts via email, I have to have reliable exchange support. Oh well. LFY1.95 is amazingly fast on my phone. I had switched over to CM6.1 for a couple of months, but last night switched back. I forgot just how much more smooth LFY is over CM.

Where is the LFY 1.96 I've seen mentioned? I can't find it, just 1.95.
  11. add119

add119 Member

just hold search button and press b to go through browser and download gingerbread launcher.apk from 4shared.com
Search tags for this page

liquid smooth vs cyanogenmod