Linux SDK/ADB autoinstaller script

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by LrdElderon, Apr 15, 2010.

1. LrdElderon

LrdElderon New Member

After many hours helping users over on cyanogen #koush irc channel get adb working, especially on linux I decided to try making an automatic install for it.

The script works for any android phone, just make sure to plug it in first and have debugging on when you install. If you are on a 64 bit system it will auto download the 32bit libraries you need as well as add to your global path and make the udev/rules.d file for usb usage.

Kde you can single left click and it should pop open a bash terminal

gnome users might have to right click on it and go to open with other application, go down to enter commands(i think it's called?) enter bash hit enter and you should be golden,a box pops up and off you go.

once it finishes you can close the terminal or open a new one, try adb devices and you usually get starting the server / daemon the first time. then try adb shell.. if you get in, then it did it's job properly.

It should work on rpm based distros but I have not tested so that may be hit or miss. also if you are rpm distro based it uses yum so....??? prob need feedback on that part.

File is here:
    Download LINUX_SDK_ADB_INSTALLER from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    and
    linuxadbsdk

please send email, comments, feedback to either my pm here or the email at the end of the install.

MOD Edit: Read Your PM

other than that all I can say is please enjoy, I hope it works
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
  2. LrdElderon

LrdElderon New Member

noone? I don't care if you donate or not it's not required, I'm really after feedback. If you have linux I want to make sure it works. Things I'm especially interested in:

did it work for rpm distros (having yum installed though)?
    does it work for other android phones besides the droid?
    *note for now that you will have to rerun for each phone having just one phone plugged in

I think i can fix that later and I hope to learn java next so this can be made to be a nice easy cross system gui for even mac and windows folks!

but I need feedback good and bad, especially bad. it's how I can make it better. I'm very new at programming / scripting so I did this by brute reading and seat of the pants trial and error lol.

thanks to anyone that tests! So far on cyanogen irc #koush room, the handful i've had use it to get them up and running have had zero problems and seemed to like it. but they were ubuntu based so... i need more wide testing.
  3. chazall1

chazall1 Member

I will report Back

I was also trying to get a good setup on Ubuntu, 10.4. I will try your script and will report back.
  4. chazall1

chazall1 Member

ADB detects my DX but!

When I did adb devices or adb shell, I got no errors and in terminal it works. I know that my tools is in /usr/local/androidsdk/tools. My Question is, how do I push or cp a Framework-res.apk to the device???? If I cd to tools, I have my Framework-res.apk located here. I can not figure out the proper commands for this to work???

Ubuntu 10.04

Cna you help! It seems like alot of work to using adb????

5. wicked_beav

wicked_beav New Member

Attempted to run these scripts in Linux Mint KDE and was unsuccessful... if you could please help it would be greatly appreciated. When I open those files you shared, it only opens them in a text editor.
  6. SifonX

SifonX New Member

If you read the OP, you need to right click and use the custom command BASH, otherwise KDE/Gnome just thinks this is a text file. Afterwards, it works like a charm. Excellent job OP.

Edit: After further testing, I was getting issues with my device driver ( I have a Droid Incredible ) and was quite puzzled. Then I finally thought to update the sdk with the command

"android update sdk"

in the terminal and gee look. Everything works. lol So, don't forget to update your sdk, people!
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  7. Bulgaro

Bulgaro New Member

Works great on Ubuntu 11.04

Just wanted to let you know that this worked flawlessly on Ubuntu 11.04. Thanks for your effort and sharing with the rest of us.
Search tags for this page
adb devices linux mint 15
adb devices offline nexus 4 lnux mint

adb drivers for linux script

adb drivers linux mint
adb linux ubuntu 10.04
android phone files on linux mint
install adb drivers in linux mint for my device
linux adb script auto

linux adb.sh

linux mint 15 adb drivers

linux shell script adb androidscreencast