Links2sd apps randomly disappearing.

zachdroid

Reaction score
I love the look and feel of MIUI but all at once after a reboot ALL of the apps I had linked via links2sd disappeared and even after reinstalling apps onlu with tibu they still weren't recognized and wouldn't reappear.

Any thoughts? I love that app because I can run widgets and everything off of the partition and free up loads of space. Any help would be appreciated.

Zach

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I love the look and feel of MIUI but all at once after a reboot ALL of the apps I had linked via links2sd disappeared and even after reinstalling apps onlu with tibu they still weren't recognized and wouldn't reappear.

Any thoughts? I love that app because I can run widgets and everything off of the partition and free up loads of space. Any help would be appreciated.

Zach

So restoring doesn't work with Titanium. Have you tried re-setting up your links2sd and seeing if it works at all on this build? I am hopping it should with some of the changes I made copying how CM7 does it. I don't use it, so haven't verified if it will work or not. Let me know though.

OP
zachdroid

zachdroid

Reaction score
I will dl new build and try it out with a clean wipe. But, yes I did set it all up brand new. Created all the links and set up the mount script and all that jazz. I will try it out tonight and report back.

OP
zachdroid

zachdroid

Reaction score
Well upon reflashing all apps linked ok and stuck around however before they were around for at least 10 hours. This time NONE of my contacts would sync at all. Signed in to Google ans Facebook and after 7 hours still no contact sync at all. I got gmail push but no contact info.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well I am glad to hear the apps2sd seemed to work ok.

There have been a few ppl reporting issues w/ syncing contacts with google. Not sure what the deal is, but the changelog for 1.6.17 has a fix for it, so maybe that will help?

As for fixing it on your current setup, have you tried to go into your contact app (via app manager) and deleting the data? Maybe clear data in gmail too and resign into google? Not sure if that will work or not.

On the bright (or maybe not-so-bright) side, TP and I will be slamming away at a new build in 48 hrs or so.

kamisan

Reaction score
links2sd

Zach

I use links 2 sd, every rom update or re-install I have to re initialize the links2sd and let it add the startup script. Then run a clean 2nd partition (which blasts out all the apps on it) then do a miui restore from backup. The links2sd then re links apps, TIBU is hit or miss on restoring data from older roms to newer ones, apps only its fine. Also if an app misbehaves links2sd allows you to reinstall right from the app.

Only quirk I still have is icons overlapping, this rom does not like the older rom backups of screen setups. I have a few dupe icons that just wont go, a few overlaps on reboot (camera and one of the two camera360 icons always overlaps for example)

if you have root tools or any other app that allows you tweak app2sd turn it off then your phone wont fight you to move apps, also in links2sd you can move from the froyo way of apps2sd (move to phone from sd) then let link2sd move to the partition you made. miui app backup backs the linked apps just fine, it does not however restore them to the partition. links2sd I believe sorta fools the phone to use that partition as if it was internal phone space.. I have 262 apps now all installed and after a long hold of home (app closer) I have about 80MB free, V6 script multitask setting and no stock apps removed.

OP
zachdroid

zachdroid

Reaction score
I won't install data going from one rom to the next. Maybe nightly to nightly when on cm but not platform to platform.

How do you "blow out the 2nd partition"? Do fragments get left behind?

I've used links2sd for s long time and this is the first issue I've had with it

kamisan

Reaction score
in the menu "more" section there is "clean up the 2nd partition" and "clean up the dalvik-cache" I'd run both. Clean up the dalvik cache is the same as titanium uses from I see it doing.

OP
zachdroid

zachdroid

Reaction score
in the menu "more" section there is "clean up the 2nd partition" and "clean up the dalvik-cache" I'd run both. Clean up the dalvik cache is the same as titanium uses from I see it doing.

Found it thank you. I do appreciate it. There was a ton of "crap" in there. Definitely freed up some space. Thanks for the tip.