Linking FB Contacts

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont know if this is possible, so here goes.

I have friends who have slightly different names of FB than they do on my phone, and FB cant tie them together to get me the information from their accounts. Can I manually associate a FB contact with one of my contacts? So that Steve McQueen Jr on FB shows up as Steve McQueen on my contact list?

Thanks.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not sure about the stock Facebook app, which is pretty much a heaping pile of s*** anyway, but the free version of bloo from the market which is WAY better overall will allow you to merge contacts with similar names...AND it'll give you ACTUAL notifications when you receive comments and things!

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
If you use the standard apps all you have to do is add their facebook e-mail account (one used to register) to their contact info in your phone. Then it will sync that contact. But im going to check out bloo thanks

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If you use the standard apps all you have to do is add their facebook e-mail account (one used to register) to their contact info in your phone. Then it will sync that contact. But im going to check out bloo thanks

I thought that might be the case, but didn't want to offer advice I wasn't sure on...I've been using bloo almost as long as I've had the Droid, because the fb app was a complete letdown..."Oh, I have this app on my phone, but I still have to get e-mails or SMS notifications every time someone sends me something! What an awesome piece of software to embed in the phone and not let me remove!" Haha! Sorry...I just really don't like it. :-D

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
How do you get bloo to sync your contacts? I removed the facebook app and now its not syncing my facebook contacts

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

I like this one. Thanks guys.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How do you get bloo to sync your contacts? I removed the facebook app and now its not syncing my facebook contacts

I'm not sure about an overall automatic sync with bloo. I can't remove the fb app completely, just the "updates," so I still use that for full-on sync, but when you're in bloo, you can go to friends, long press a friend, go to profile info, press menu, and select merge contact. That will bring up your phone's contacts list and should give you options of people with similar names.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you can join your facebook contact with your contact in your phone.

Example: I have a Jason stored in as a contact and I have Jason Smith as a facebook contact. they are the same person.

View contacts and long press the name of a duplicate contact and press edit
press the menu button (located between Back and Home) select Join scroll down to the contact you want to join.
Poof you now have combined 2 contacts into one.

-=Jason=-

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
If you have your droid rooted install Root explorer then go to system>app and mount as RW (look on top) then delete the .apk

CAP201002151534.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Example: I have a Jason stored in as a contact and I have Jason Smith as a facebook contact. they are the same person.

press the menu button (located between Back and Home) select Join scroll down to the contact you want to join.

-=Jason=-

Good to know. Mine's setup and working just fine for me, and I like bloo for the notifications like I said anyway...

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

-=Jason=-

Yeah, I just dont want to merge my phone contacts with my bazillion friends from college.

I just added the e-mail addys to those who use nicknames on FB -- how long does it take to propagate back to me?

knotbeerdan

Reaction score

-=Jason=-

Thats a cool tip... Thanks

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
give it a few minutes then check your contacts again
looks like im reinstalling the facebook app to sync contact pics

Edit- nevermind it wont let me reinstall, lol

Last edited:

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just dont want to merge my phone contacts with my bazillion friends from college.

I just added the e-mail addys to those who use nicknames on FB -- how long does it take to propagate back to me?
from home,
Menu
Settings
accounts and sync settings
click on facebook
menu
Sync Now

-=Jason=-

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member