Linking contacts, different issue.

Takenumbrage

Reaction score
I've read the other threads about syncing/linking contacts with facebook but I'm having a slightly different problem.

I have an FB contact and regular phone contact (slightly different names), I hit the menu to link them but the name is always the FB name, regardless of which contact I try to link first.

Am I missing something obvious? I edit the entry manually but it always reverts to the FB name and picture.

itsdestiny

Reaction score
I've read the other threads about syncing/linking contacts with facebook but I'm having a slightly different problem.

I have an FB contact and regular phone contact (slightly different names), I hit the menu to link them but the name is always the FB name, regardless of which contact I try to link first.

Am I missing something obvious? I edit the entry manually but it always reverts to the FB name and picture.

I too have this issue. It doesn't bother me so much that the profile picture changes, but I'd like to know how to have the phone display the name I give them rather than their facebook name. When I hit edit in the contact list, it doesn't give me a display name option. Just a first name and last name which does not appear unless you edit.

this becomes a problem when I am trying to type in the name of my friends on messages as recipient and it doesn't predict their number unless i type their facebook name.

OP
T

Takenumbrage

Reaction score
this becomes a problem when I am trying to type in the name of my friends on messages as recipient and it doesn't predict their number unless i type their facebook name.

My main issue too. Have a couple of contacts that differ just enough that it's a pretty big pain.

chachabella

Reaction score
Haha... On FB my Father is James L and my Brother is James. Droid merged them into one. Took my 3 days to figure that one out.

hisered

Reaction score
Same issue. With facebook and twitter. I would love to get this fixed.

mimimarquezz

Reaction score
Same issue! I got -some- contacts to read the name I want them to be, and others just won't budge.

Drummer_Mojo

Reaction score
Same problem, and it's really annoying...also, does anyone know how to just link the contacts in your phone to FaceBook with out importing all of your facebook friends?

liz226

Reaction score
same problem

Same problem here, want my mom's contact display name to be "Momma" rather than "Nancy ____" or my best friend's to be her nickname rather than her facebook (full name).

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried linking in different orders, changing the "Default name", etc. to no avail.