LinkedIn for Android Public Beta Available

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
linkedin_searching-for-people2.png

For all the business-professional Android users out there, (and anyone who keeps their professional reference social network via LinkedIn) here's some useful news. LinkedIn has just opened a public beta for their new LinkedIn for Android app. This app is designed to make using your Android for staying professionally connected much easier. This app will work on any Android using OS 2.1 or higher. This marks the first time that LinkedIn has offered their product in a public beta format, but apparently they wanted to push it out before the holidays. Wouldn't a cool new job be an awesome Christmas present!

You just need to join their LinkedIn for Android Group to get the app download and assist in the beta. Some of the key features they tout are as follows:
  • View updates from your professional network
  • Search for people to discover things you have in common and establish new connections
  • Respond to invitations sent from people in your professional life
  • Keep in touch with your own connections on LinkedIn

You can check out more details at their official release on their blog: The LinkedIn Blog LinkedIn for Android Beta: Happy Holidays to the Android Community!

by dgstorm

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Nice....Been waiting for this app, but not sure I want to have to join a group to get it. I would complain about that, but it makes sense in order to get feedback since it's beta.

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far it's not spectacular. There isn't much you can do, and there isn't a widget for status updates, etc. At least it doesn't drop you on their mobile site. Seems fast enough, too, just not very useful for much of anything.

Need to see participation in discussions, ability to edit profile, etc., and a widget.

Candace

Reaction score
The display actually looks better than I thought it would. Very basic at them moment, but I'm just glad to see a native app from the original company. the knock-offs are always something I try to stay away from. This will do for now. Thanks Droid Forums for the heads up- as always!! dancedroid