Linkedin app?

DroidYeah

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondering if there is a good app for Linkedin. Any pointers?

Thanks!!

raethryn

Reaction score
I have the LinkedIn (Beta) and while it's not super functional it gives me updates, lets me add an updates, search, and see my contacts but that is the limit of what it does. It has a 3 star average but for a viewer only its decent to use.

If it gets more functionality like Droidin has I'll be happier.

THere is also linkedin mobile web which I haven't tried. Also there is DroidIin lite and Droidin. DroidiIn Lite is the trial/free version of Droidin. I haven't used it but the comments are iffy for lite and almost 4 for Droidin ($2.00).

I haven't tried either but if the beta I have doesn't improve I might.

OP
D

DroidYeah

Reaction score
I have the LinkedIn (Beta) and while it's not super functional it gives me updates, lets me add an updates, search, and see my contacts but that is the limit of what it does. It has a 3 star average but for a viewer only its decent to use.

If it gets more functionality like Droidin has I'll be happier.

THere is also linkedin mobile web which I haven't tried. Also there is DroidIin lite and Droidin. DroidiIn Lite is the trial/free version of Droidin. I haven't used it but the comments are iffy for lite and almost 4 for Droidin ($2.00).

I haven't tried either but if the beta I have doesn't improve I might.

Thanks. I installed the DroidIn Lite, doesnt look all that great. Need a better app.

droidin

Reaction score
Guys. you have to realize that LinkedIn provides practically nothing beyond very basic API (pretty much waht you get by going to LinkedIn Mobile: Your Trusted Relationships On The Go) It's by far nowhere near APIs such as Twitter or Facebook. So DroidIn and all the rest so far are "scrapers" feeding off ether mobile site alone (as is the case with so called LinkedIn-beta which has nothing to do with LinkedIn the company BTW) or in case of DroidIn - combination of mobile and main sites.
So the good news is that LinkedIn did open their API to developers about a month ago. Bad news is that it isn't much. Plus, so far there's really no revenue model to make anybody really interested in developing the "real" app.

Cheers,

Bo Stone - DroidIn creator

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Plus, so far there's really no revenue model to make anybody really interested in developing the "real" app.

Cheers,

Bo Stone - DroidIn creator

I would think LinkedIn would develop a better app, Since some of use actually pay to use their site...

And if your not going to do it right, why bother?

hjustmann

Reaction score
The last posting on this subject was in 2009. Since last year, does anyone know if LinkedIn has developed an app for androids? Thanks!

souljerr

Reaction score
LinkedIn just released beta for Android today.
----------------------------------------
Welcome to the LinkedIn for Android Beta!
The team and I are excited to have our members with Android phones get up and running with LinkedIn while mobile. For the Beta, our app is available only from our website (not the marketplace). There are a few things to know before you try to install the application:

* Your Android phone must be running OS 2.1 or higher to install the application
* As we’re distributing through our site for the Beta period, your phone must support installing applications from sources other than the marketplace. Some mobile carriers have locked down their Android handsets to not allow this. If you’re on a carrier that blocks installing the application, there is unfortunately no way to install the app prior to our official 1.0 launch in the Android Marketplace next year. The link below has instructions that include how to verify this.

Please visit LinkedIn - Linkedin Android from your Android phone for installation instructions and a link to the application.

Thanks,
--The LinkedIn Mobile Team