1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Link2SD Question (Paging GodfatherIP)

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by chmcclellan, Jul 22, 2011.

1. chmcclellan

chmcclellan New Member

So, I have had CM7 so dialed, I am getting the urge to try something else for ****s and giggles. With the release of PE 6.5 and the popularity of PE among OG users, I thought I might try it.

Only thing is, I have my link2sd setup dialed and using GofatherIP's method for updating described here, am able to move between versions, wiping everything but data, with no problems.

My question: with all of the apps actually on my ext4 partition, it seems as though if I could just get whatever remains in the phone memory set up correctly the apps would be there. Moving to my phone and relinking is probably out of the question - the point of having the link2sd partition is it allows me to have more than would actually fit on my phone alone.

Anyway, thoughts would be appreciated. If nothing else I may just try installing PE wiping everything but data and hoping for the best.

Also, do people think prime's kernel/link2sd script will even work with PE? Those are sorta deal breakers in my mind.
  2. meishkov

meishkov New Member

Everytime I try different roms I gotta still use primes kernel and his link2sd script. That's the only way I can ever get my link2sd to work properly, otherwise it'll pop up asking which partition I have, but won't be able to create a mount script or somethin like that. Flash primes script and it works. Now for apps I'll open titanium backup and restore only like 1/4 of them and link them individually, then finish along so to make sure not to run out of internal phone memory.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. zachdroid

zachdroid New Member

If you ho into settings in the link2sd app you can set it to automatically link the apps. That way when tibu is doing it's thing you don't run out of memory. I've had good luck that way. Afterwards I go through and unlink the apps that don't play well and I'm off.

4. meishkov

meishkov New Member

Yea, that's extremely helpful I must say. I did have it checked, but I didn't have allow non-market applications to install checked, which messed things up a little bit. It didn't seem like link2sd would be able to link all of them in a row, atleast for me. I restored like 130 apps from a TiBu backup made prior, and it would like pick and choose which ones to install and link on the SD. That's why I only restored like 30 at a time, then linked them individually. Gotta make sure that option under applications for non-market apps is checked which I believe had something to do with the problem I ran into of link2sd not linking every single app coming in from a backup.

5. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP New Member

Hey, I just switched to PE 6.5 as well! It is a fantastic rom and I'm really enjoying it so far. I did a full data wipe (including my ext2 partition) so I don't know about keeping all of your apps but I think that it should work without wiping your ext2 partition. You would need to be sure to create a folder: /data/sdext2/ since it uses that folder for the link and you would have to have the boot script (either created by link2sd or the one created by prime) to mount your partition properly on boot.

I got link2sd working on PE with the default kernel and without Prime's script. I had to run this command:

su
    insmod /system/lib/modules/ext2.ko
    reboot

to get the ext2 module loaded, but after that Link2sd was able to find my partition and create its boot script. The auto link and TI restore is a good solution if you want to wipe your data for that fresh clean rom feeling. I have used it to restore several of my apps onto my ext2 partition with minimal hassle. Good luck!
  6. zachdroid

zachdroid New Member

Yea, that's extremely helpful I must say. I did have it checked, but I didn't have allow non-market applications to install checked, which messed things up a little bit. It didn't seem like link2sd would be able to link all of them in a row, atleast for me. I restored like 130 apps from a TiBu backup made prior, and it would like pick and choose which ones to install and link on the SD. That's why I only restored like 30 at a time, then linked them individually. Gotta make sure that option under applications for non-market apps is checked which I believe had something to do with the problem I ran into of link2sd not linking every single app coming in from a backup.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums[/QUOTE]

I didn't see that option for the allowing of non-market apps to be installed. I just went into settings a minute ago, as I am loading a new rom, and I only saw the auto-link button. I am 75 apps deep and everyone is linking up to the app without additional work.
  7. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP New Member

It isn't an option in link2sd, it is an option in the Android OS.
    Settings>Applications>Unknown Sources
    If your apps are restoring fine from Ti Backup it is probably already checked.
  8. zachdroid

zachdroid New Member

I understand. Makes total sense.

Search tags for this page
link2sd not work with v6 supercharger

link2sd swap

non market link2sd
using titanium backup with link2sd
what is difference link2sd and titanium