Link2SD on GPA19...

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by shawner47, Jan 8, 2012.

1. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Wait so would it basically act like a program opened on my windows like a virtual machine?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. shawner47

shawner47 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not exactly... Though I do believe you can install it alongside Windows and in effect, yes, run it like a VM. I run it from a boot CD (shut down Windows and boot from the CD into the Linux environment).

Look here: Download | Ubuntu and click on I want to run from a CD or USB stick. I am not sure what the option to run in Windows does for sure as I haven't tried it yet.

3. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the advice and tips dear friend! I will have to look into that definitely. I remember seeing somethin regarding moving apps and dalvik to SD with the name DarkTremor attached to it. I scour xda every now and again to see What the latest is, but it seems to be more milestone and all other devices besides the OG. I know they started the alpha ice cream sandwich on there, but as far as the OG is concerned xda can't compare to the support that droidforums offers. Second to none. I've always just assumed that DF was more for the OG on Verizon and xda is more for other worldwide devices and carriers. I guess having an over 2 year old device could explain the lack of support development and excitement for the OG over there :)

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  4. rkpeterson

rkpeterson Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. shawner47

shawner47 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Man, if I could figure out how to get init.d working on bugless I would be one happy human. Looks like I need to get to reading.

Swyped from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk

6. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  7. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Really? Yea I downloaded it a few days ago, but haven't looked into that OP to figure out if it's an actual app or just scripts. I think it's just a script that like runs automatically at bootup? I saw somewhere in that OP over at XDA about running a command to move the dalvik-cache to the SD because it doesn't do it by default. Thank goodness I didn't flash this and have a bootloop, I just noticed that I haven't made a nandroid backup since I SBF'd to start from scratch like 3 or 4 months ago. Phew:biggrin:

8. rkpeterson

rkpeterson Member

Ratings:
    +0

I have been using a2sd on my OG for months. I generally use Prime's deprimed test kernel. On some ROMs I have to add prime's link2sd-pre-install script and use the 05mountsd script. Depending on the ROM and the built-in ext support.

9. rkpeterson

rkpeterson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A2sd on GPA18

For any one interested; this past weekend I made another attempt to add a2sd to GPA/Bugless. I ended up running GPA18 thru DSIXDA's kitchen and added in the busybox parts support (which adds in support for init.d) and had the kitchen add a2sd to the ROM.
    Using Prime's kernel I was then able to mount the ext partition at boot.
    I added prime's link2sd-pre-install script and the 05mountsd script to init.d and have DartkTremor's a2sd running on GPA18.

10. shawner47

shawner47 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just saw this post and that is awesome! Downloading the kitchen now and hopefully will have a working init.d in GPA 19 this weekend. Fingers crossed. THANK YOU for that info! Maybe I can squeak out a little more use with this OG before I get my upgrade now. :pint:

11. rkpeterson

rkpeterson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you get it working?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

12. shawner47

shawner47 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Believe it or not, I did! Ran GPA19 through the kitchen and loaded it up. I can't use ext4 for some reason, but ext3 works fine. I use Prime
    s latest deprimed kernel as well. I'm not going to complain about that though... ext3 is fine.

What I have't tried yet and will do tomorrow probably, is running V6 Supercharger on it too.

I have a backup of my GPA setup and flash it when I am testing, but for right now I'm still running CM6.1.2 as my daily driver. Going to try to make GPA my DD this weekend... if that doesn't work, I think I'll give PE6.5 a try.

Thanks again for the help!

Search tags for this page
a2sd darktremor jelly bean
does link2sd work on s4
link 2 sd zip xda
link+2sd+for s4
link2sd kernels
link2sd not link after reboot in 4.2.2

link2sd-preinstall

similar to link2sd
terminal emulator link2sd