1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Link to simple instructions for installing .4 (or others later)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by kdizzle, Jun 30, 2010.

1. kdizzle

kdizzle New Member

I have 1.1 running using the sprecovery and now I am reading about the 3x wipe and Cache. Is there a link to explain step by step to wipe phone and cache and then a suggested way of installing the latest BB release? I simply want to save as much stuff as I can from my current setup but make sure I have few problems with bb .4 later. I began using the previous BB at about .5 and nevre had any problems so I am sure the new .4 is gonna be sweet.

Thanks for the serious noob help.
  2. yusky03

yusky03 New Member

Bugless Beast is now free with Rom Manager so you don't need to buy it.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9IPHxrimPY"]YouTube - Motorola Droid - Easy installation of Custom Roms, Rom Manager![/ame]
  3. kdizzle

kdizzle New Member

Thanks Yusky03
  4. kdizzle

kdizzle New Member

Should I keep SPRecovery installed so I ca go back to my earlier backups or will ROM manager be the one to use from now on?
  5. soccer568

soccer568 New Member

If your going to start using rom mangaer then stick with clockworkmod recovery. Some people switch back and forth but i find it easier on clockwork. You are allowed to switch back and forth though so if you choose clockwork and dont like it you can always go back by going into rom manager and tapping flash alternate recovery.
  6. kdizzle

kdizzle New Member

Thanks for the reply,
    I just tried to update the Kernel to ChevyNo1 by using the SPRecovery but the droid wouldn't boot with my finger on the x button (5 minutes or so). I reread your post and then it worked for me. Awesome. Is it normal that I couldn't get the chevy kernel to work with Rom Manager? Would it work if I got the paid edition? Thanks again.