Link to FoxKat battery meter calibration?

rwking

Reaction score
Seeing references to it and success stories - but no guide. Can someone please link me? Also, maybe it should be a sticky in one of the forums? Thanks!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One method he's mentioned is:

1) Charge phone (with Power Off) to full
2) Run phone down until it says 15%
3) Repeat step 1

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moving to battery discussion forums

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
I tried the method in the first reply, but after only 42 minutes, I'm down 30%. I installed ICS almost two weeks ago, and I've tried a factory data reset as well. I'm not sure why, but I'm having to charge my phone about three times per day with light to moderate use. It's crazy.

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
60% after 47 minutes. =/

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
50% after 52 minutes. WTF is going on???

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Is your battery new? If your battery is as old as the bionic, then it may be shot...

But there are people who've used extended batteries, and they wouldn't calibrate. They would drain down and show 1% and work for 2 days...

But if you're not rooted, and you're running a standard battery, i'd say dead cell.. I could be wrong.

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
Actually I just ordered this replacement battery because my original was having issue holding a charge. I am rooted and running the stock OTA ICS. So frustrating. I just can't believe this battery runs down so quickly.

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
But there are people who've used extended batteries, and they wouldn't calibrate. They would drain down and show 1% and work for 2 days...

So it would appear that this is my problem. It's not an extended battery, but it ran down to 5% about 40 minutes ago and has been sitting there ever since. I have no way of knowing how long it's going to sit on 5%, but I figure if I run the battery all the way down and charge it from there, maybe I have a shot at calibrating it. What do you think?

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
This is frustrating, but also kind of hilarious. Look how long my battery has been on 5%. lol WTH!? ScreenShot.png

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Looking at the screen shot, it looks like your Android OS is high. Not sure whats causing it. But I'd say thats a lot of your battery problem.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
So it would appear that this is my problem. It's not an extended battery, but it ran down to 5% about 40 minutes ago and has been sitting there ever since. I have no way of knowing how long it's going to sit on 5%, but I figure if I run the battery all the way down and charge it from there, maybe I have a shot at calibrating it. What do you think?

Foxkat recommended 15%, not all the way down. He also recommends the GSam Battery Monitor.

It does sound more like a battery issue other than calibration.

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
But my phone is still working fine. It's weird. It's like it shows the battery level is low, but it's not really low. I'm now going on 8 hours with this charge, and even longer with it showing 5%. lol