Link Contacts and Facebook.. ?

Jackelbait

Reaction score
Newbie Here..

I just received my X a few days ago and all my contacts have no pictures but I have most of their facebook websites, so i am wondering if i can link the contacts to the facebook so i have their pictures or anything along those lines..

I really have no wish to go to each page, save the picture then go to my contacts then upload each picture one by one.

Thanks for any help or suggestions

JB

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
After signing into the android facebook application it should give you an option to sync all contacts, if not go into facebook/settings/sync all contacts

It will bring over all facebook contacts and contact pictures

BTW :welcome:

OP
Jackelbait

Jackelbait

Reaction score
OK That work Great just had a few contact i had to link up to their profile and all was good... now just one minor hickup

I use Launcher Pro and the People contacts widget doesnt show the pictures just the generic outline but if i click a person then their contact file comes up and the picture is there... why wont it show on the widget screen

Thanks again for your help
JB

OP
Jackelbait

Jackelbait

Reaction score
Well apparentally (sp?) Facebook and Launcher Pro dont get along.. leasts that what I get from other posts

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I had that issue too. I think it has to do with our built-in fb sync. I know he was having some issues with other things regarding the dx a while back. I never used the people widget, so I removed it.

Have you tried emailing the dev?

Emitted from X.

OP
Jackelbait

Jackelbait

Reaction score
I havent yet, wasnt sure if it was just my lack of knowing how to properly use the widget or if it was a ongoing issue.

I shall Email the Dev of Launcher Pro tonight and see if he is aware of the issuse and if there is a fix on the way sometime soon.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It will only use pictures that you have manually set. He's aware of the situation. Try using syncmypix, works great for me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Jackelbait

Jackelbait

Reaction score
I used Syncmypix and it only synced One picture lol it didnt find any of the other contacts for some reason, Facebook found them all but SyncmyPic did not

OP
Jackelbait

Jackelbait

Reaction score
Disreguard, Launcher Pro will NOT show pictures only synced From Facebook his Blog and Website explain that he might fix it in other updates or maybe not

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not really sure why but I had to run it a few times before it got all my contacts. What was happening was it would start then after the first one it would just quit. I ran it a couple times more on wifi after rebooting my phone and it finally got all the pics. Now it works great though.

OP
Jackelbait

Jackelbait

Reaction score
Found the Fix for Read-only Contacts !!

Apperently if you sync with facebook first then try to use SyncmyPix you get this damn read-ony error and you can manual link pictures from syncmypix to your contacts

I uninstalled all the facebook apps and restarted phone then :

go to verizonwireless and go to your backup assisstant export all your contacts to a CSV file and save it then Import them to google Then Run SyncmyPix and it finds all the pictures and you can manual link the ones it doesnt

If anyone need a clearer step by step hit me up and ill walk you thru it, takes about 2 mins to completed .

JB