1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

lined out com files- contacts not working

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by chemrox, Jan 31, 2012.

1. chemrox

chemrox New Member

The two parts of my phone that are important are the contacts-that Verizon screwed up with an 'upgrade,' and the phone itself. I rooted the phone and dl'd two apps; root uninstaller (RU) and titanium backup pro (TBP). I happily did away with annoyances like Blockbuster and News but must have gotten carried away. Now when I try to edit contacts a blank screen comes up and the app closes. I looked through the frozen apps and found some file names with lines through them. Among these are anything with "com.*" including com.android.stk. I can't see these with RU and can't repair/restore them with TBP. If it sounds like I don't know what I'm talking about it's because I don't know much...evidently just enough to get in trouble. I have enjoyed making my own ringtones and installing them but that's another story. If there's a palce or places I can get and re-install the missing com files that information might save my butt.

Thanks for any and all information.

crx
  2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

Do not get all down on yourself. If you froze the apps in TB then Unfreeze them one at a time until your contacts app works properly. Then you will know which app not to freeze or tinker with. A good example that I did was to get Handcent so I froze the Stock text msg app. Boom, I found out I could not send MMS. So I had to unfreeze the stock txt msg app.

Now if you actually deleated the apps, you will have to sbf back to stock and start over. That is not as hard as it may sound. You can get the files required and step by step instructions in the sub forum for ur specific phone.
  3. chemrox

chemrox New Member

Turns out I actually deleted them before I activated Titanium. So I have a motorola droid 2 v. 2.3.3 where would I go for sbf instructions? I read a little about this and have held off doing anything until I could get really specific advice on how and in what order and everything else so i don't end up with a 'brick.'
  4. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

I am sorry dude, but I am now totally drunk. I get that way every night. I never heard of a Droid 2 v. I googled and got nothing I bet U mean 2G, as in global. i have a drop box for 2 sbf. In the morn I will get U links to the files u need, so be patient or search for ur self. " Doid 2 Global sbf" Still say look in Droid 2 Global forum.
  5. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

6. chemrox

chemrox New Member

Hehehe you're a saint! Before you get wasted tonight could you drop me another note telling me what do I do with the sbf besides look at it and burn incense? I really appreciate your help.
  7. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

8. chemrox

chemrox New Member

I tried and it failed. Do I need the bootstrap apk file on my card? I want to make another run at it tomorrow or the next. I still can't operate my phone number directory. Not being able to operate the phone directory is the only issue I'm aware of. Otherwise the battery lasts for days now. You'll be 3 sheets by now. I hope to hear back tomorrow or the next.. thanks in advance.
Search tags for this page

droid contacts unfreeze