Line on camera screen and in photos, Blue or Purple

DogPaw

Reaction score
Ever since my phone updated I have had a small blue line on the camera screen and a single pixel that is also blue. This line does show up on my pictures. If I zoom about two levels in it disappears. I have tried turning on and off guidelines and restarting the phone. Any ideas?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Try clearing the cache and data from the camera app and restart the phone.

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
Clearing the cache did not work. I shot a picture against a brown background so that you can see what I am talking about. The line and dots show up as purple in this post.

View attachment 71442

z96Cobra

Reaction score
If you see it while using the camera AND it shows up on your pictures, it is most likely a hardware issue with the camera's sensor.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Clearing the cache did not work. I shot a picture against a brown background so that you can see what I am talking about. The line and dots show up as purple in this post.

Are you seeing the same thing when you use different camera apps? If so, then it's probably a hardware issue as z96Cobra said.

Ever since my phone updated I have had a small blue line on the camera screen and a single pixel that is also blue. This line does show up on my pictures. If I zoom about two levels in it disappears. I have tried turning on and off guidelines and restarting the phone. Any ideas?

The fact that it disappears when you zoom in (which crops out the edges of the picture where the problems are occurring) is further evidence of a likely hardware problem.

Brutal_RiotGirl

Reaction score
Hi

I wanted to know if you ever found out how to fix this problem, I opened my camera app today and the blue line happened to me too. Mine is on he center of my screen but doesn't come out in my pictures. Did you fix this yet? Please let me know, even if you didn't fix, thanks.

IPSOFACTO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
GALAXY NOTE 2
I have exactly the same problem that occurred with user "DogPaw" recently. Photos taken up until 7/8/2014 7:35PM have no blue line and blue pixel. Photos taken 7/9/2014 7:37PM forward have the blue line and single pixel. It has all of the characteristics of a hardware pixel failure only on the front camera sensor, but statistically it is unlikely that more than one user would have exactly the same combination of failure (i.e. a blue single pixel and a blue line). Does anyone else have the same image issue as shown in the photo?
20140714_070333.jpg

William Shepperd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 Active
Bumping this because I am having the exact same issue. Here's my screenshot.

Attachments

• 1405468637898.jpg
    1405468637898.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 1,495

bpaschal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
I'm having this problem with my S3 also! It started as one tiny blue dot and has now grown to several dots and a couple lines over the course of just weeks. One thing I've noticed is that in any pictures I take outdoors, none of the blue is visible whatsoever. I'm thinking it is a hardware issue, and has something to do with the way light hits the lens (based on the difference I'm seeing between indoor and outdoor photos).
I'm afraid to even find out if my warranty will cover this. I'm so very disappointed, as I've only had the phone for a few months and have really grown to love it :(

Ryanralston12

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I just joined the forum when I saw that you guys had the same problem that I do. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Smont

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S4 Mini
I searched for blue line on screen & it brought me to this forum. I have the same problem that just suddenly appeared. The little blue line appears on my photos as well. But if I reverse the camera (as to take a selfie) it doesn't appear then. I too would like to know if anyone has found a solution. Thanks!!

pcmonkey.nm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung s4 mini
I'm getting the same blue line. I've cleared cache restarted phone uninstalled all camera apps. It just started all of a sudden. This it a referb phone from Verizon. Galaxy s4 mini

Attachments

• 1408416354172.jpg
    1408416354172.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,063

buzzroll

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 Active
S4 Active. I too have that line but only on the 4:3 picture settings. 16:9 is ok. Cleared cached, used different camera apps, still there.

It sounds hardware related. If so, what is the best way to fix this? Ship it away to get it fixed? I don't want to get a new phone.

jtonak

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Same thing for me. Started August 16. If I zoom so the pixels are offscreen I'm good. Just got the phone from Samsung warranty place for fixing something else 2 months ago. Will take it to Samsung guy at best buy to see if he has seen it before. Warranty fix is fast so I may do that.

yesh

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung s4
When I take small object's pictures in daylight, having a white backgroubd, picturen get out blueish
Does anybody can help me make the background be as white as it supposed to?

Thanks